AUTOMOTIVE BILLER / TITLE CLERK
Company: LaFontaine CDJR of Fenton
Posted on: January 15, 2022
AUTOMOTIVE BILLER / TITLE CLERKAs LaFontaine Automotive Group
continues to grow and deliver an unmatched automotive experience,
we are looking for passionate individuals to join our team -
specifically experienced Automotive Biller / Title Clerks to work
in our offices. The backbone of our organization is our dedicated
office staff and we are looking to hire individuals with a strong
work ethic, problem solving abilities and those that thrive in a
team-focused atmosphere.LaFontaine Automotive Group is a place
where our employees are truly family and where people come before
the bottom line. It's a welcoming place where you can build a
career and will find the tools and support needed to take your
career to new heights. As a family-owned and operated business, we
deeply understand that our employees are our greatest asset and
their overall wellbeing is our number one priority. We know our
continued success and growth is more than just selling and
servicing cars, it's about giving back to our local communities,
having work life balance and providing a platform for our team to
grow and prosper. LaFontaine Automotive Group can offer you a
Roadmap to Success for a long and prosperous future!THE
COMPANY:LaFontaine Automotive Group is an award winning and
nationally recognized automotive dealership of 40 years with 51
retail franchises, 8 collision centers, 29 Michigan locations and
1,900 employees in southeast Michigan. We are proud to be named
Michigan's fastest growing automotive dealership group! LaFontaine
Automotive Group is a place where our employees are truly family
and where people come before the bottom line. It's a welcoming
place where you can build a career and will find the tools and
support needed to take your career to new heights.Our Mission: To
Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen
Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience.Our Core
Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication,
Teamwork, PassionTHE POSITION: The Automotive Biller / Title Clerk
processes car deals and prepares legal transfer of documents for
the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).Essential Duties &
- Processes all new and used vehicles for registration in the
state in which they will be titled.
- Computerized Vehicle Registration (CVR) process for new and
used car purchases.
- Prepares tax and title documents.
- Submits all legal transfer work to the Department of Motor
- Verifies that funds have been collected and the correct
lienholder paid off before processing title applications.
- Checks for accuracy in the application and ensures that all
information is complete.
- Prepares payoff checks for new vehicles and trade-ins.
- Bills out all dealer trades and prepares Certificates of
- Maintains a system to verify out-of-state titles.
- Compiles and maintains a complete list of all outstanding title
work. Reports to management on the status of any missing or problem
titles and provides a current list of outstanding titles to the
comptroller at the end of month.
- Signs over titles for all wholesalers who have paid in full.
Prepares a monthly report to management of any funds not collected
from wholesalers due to missing or incomplete title work.
- Prepares stock cards for new and used vehicles.
- Posts vehicle sales and purchases.
- Processes/registers all vehicle warranties and extended service
contracts, maintaining a log of all contracts processed and
- Processes yearly renewal of dealer tags in conjunction with
- Stays abreast of title regulations. Attends seminars held by
local licensing bureaus and any available training on title
- Cross-trains others to handle title clerk daily
- Conducts periodic training sessions for F&I managers and
sales personnel regarding title regulations and procedures and
issues a written memo to managers and all sales personnel whenever
- Directs title runner in daily routines.
- Prepares invoices listing items sold and service provided,
amounts due and credit terms.
- Issues credit memorandums to indicate returned or incorrectly
- Prepares credit forms for customers or finance companies.
- Posts transactions to accounting records such as worksheet,
ledger and computer files.
- Accesses computer files and compiles reports as
requested.Skills & Qualifications:
- Office Experience
- General Telephone Skills
- Documentation Skills
- Good Verbal and Written Communication
- Attention to Detail
- Automotive Dealership Experience preferred, but will train the
right person.Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of clerical work experience, automotive dealership
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid
Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D,
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident
Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Holiday Savings Program with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday PayLaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal opportunity
Keywords: LaFontaine CDJR of Fenton, Detroit , AUTOMOTIVE BILLER / TITLE CLERK, Other , Fenton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!