Client Support Specialist (Remote)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About ClearGov Inc.
ClearGov is an early-stage SaaS company that sells budget cycle
management software to small and medium-sized local governments.
We're a mission-driven company, passionate about making democracy
work better. Our innovative software helps local governments make
stronger strategic and financial decisions, and it helps them build
community support for the stronger decisions they make.
Our work has been well received. Hundreds of towns and cities
across the US are part of the ClearGov community, and we're adding
more all the time. We've been named to the "GovTech 100" for five
years running, and we're on BostInno's "50 On Fire" list as well.
People like working here, too. USA Today named us one of their
"best places to work."
The ClearGov team is a tight-knit group of talented folks who are
passionate about our mission. We believe in a work-hard/play-hard
company culture. Every day, we strive to get better at our work,
all while being considerate, trustworthy, and transparent in
everything we do.
About The Opportunity
We're looking for a Client Support Specialist (CSS) with a passion
for learning, a kind heart, a positive attitude, and a great sense
of humor to join our growing team. The CSS will answer questions
and resolve or escalate any emerging client issues with accuracy,
empathy and efficiency. The CSS will be an expert on the
functionality of our products and how clients can use that
functionality to accomplish their goals. The CSS, when not
responding to inbound client requests, will assist with the
creation and maintenance of Support Center content such as
articles, tutorials & checklists.
- Learn, in fine detail, ClearGov's software products and client
onboarding processes. Keep up to date as new functionality and
products are released.
- Provide first-level technical support to answer questions from
clients on configuring and using products - mostly by email,
however, phone/Zoom conversations will at times be the best way to
answer a question or resolve an issue.
- Engage with Tier 2 support to diagnose software issues.
Interact with product and data teams using established
- Track and report on weekly support metrics.
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and
alternatives, follow up to ensure resolution, escalate when
- Work closely with Client Success Managers to ensure clients are
satisfied - so much so that they are ClearGov advocates.
- Communicate client feedback to ClearGov product development
regarding enhancements, usability improvements and in-product hints
- Collaborate on process & system modifications to improve team
success and enable growth.
- Using your expert product knowledge, author and update content
in Support Center to guide clients through completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service and passionate
about the customer experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, particularly
through email and phone.
- Ability to communicate complex information at a technical level
that is appropriate to the audience.
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with software concepts. You
will need to become an expert on how to use ClearGov's
- Autonomously troubleshoot to fix a problem or to escalate to
Tier 2 support.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time
- Experience answering inbound requests with Zendesk, experience
with configuring Zendesk a plus.
- Experience working with Jira a plus.
- Experience working with local governments and school districts
is a definite plus.
The Ideal Candidate
- High energy with a positive, customer-centric approach.
- Self-motivated, gets stuff done, has an entrepreneurial
- Track record of achievement.
- Enjoys working on teams but succeeds even when flying
- A sense of humor and doesn't take him/herself too
- Hands-on problem solver that enjoys cracking difficult
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Quality medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Onsite free gym access (if local)
- Need time - take time-unlimited vacation policy
- John Hancock 401K Plan
Keywords: ClearGov, Detroit , Client Support Specialist (Remote), Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!