Windows Server Administrator
Company: TCI Technology Consulting Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
TCI has an immediate need for a Windows Server Administrator in
Detroit, MI. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a
long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In
addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all
our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k,
Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent
Our enterprise level Client is the largest transportation fuels
refiner in the Nation. Our Client is looking for candidates who
seek a lifelong career opportunity with a very profitable company
currently experiencing growth within the oil and gas industry.
Contract job opportunities could lead to a permanent position with
the company for the proven individual. Our Client offers cross
training opportunities throughout their business structure. IT is a
key asset which used in every business unit to drive efficiency and
profitability. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a
leader in the industry.
The Server Administrator is responsible for providing operational
and technical support the Operational Technology (OT) server and/or
- Perform Windows Server & workstation (75%), and/or network
administration (25%) for refinery OT environment.
- Server and workstation administration is primarily on Microsoft
Windows OS, SQL servers, with some occasional Linux
- Must be able to perform VMWare administration
- Network administration is on switches, routers, and firewall
devices with most configuration activities being Layer 2 switching
with some occasional Layer 3 routing work.
- Daily activities may include system backup administration,
anti-virus administration, performance tuning, Microsoft Active
Directory administration, network security detection
administration, administration of the physical IP cabling and IP
address assignments, updating of network diagrams, security policy
management, data access controls, software patch management, risk
management, change control administration, database administration,
and self-auditing to ensure compliance with standards.
- Champion compliance and change efforts which result in improved
reliability and security of infrastructure services.
- This position will require some field work inside the refinery
- Monitor device health and identify issues using common industry
- Problem tracking, management, and resolution of issues in a
24/7 manufacturing location.
- Be available during off-hours on occasion as needed.
- Engage in auditing, compliance, and risk assessment
- Ensure computer system inventory and software licensing is
- Identify, Analyze, and Elevate potential Cybersecurity events
according to company procedures.
- Implement hardware, software, and/or network solutions
- Close interaction with business partners during development,
support, and implementation of in-house or 3rd party systems.
- Must have 4-7 years of Windows Server administration.
- Must have 2 or more years of VMWare administration
- Server, Workstation, and Log Monitoring experience is
- Must understand business requirements and translate these
requirements into solutions.
- A firm understanding of computing security and reliability
practices is required.
- STRONG communication skills - written, verbal communication,
and time management are necessary.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 10%.
Preferred Additional Requirements
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree in technology is highly
- Previous experience in OT, Honeywell Experion, Emerson DeltaV,
Foxboro, SCADA, or Refining environment beneficial.
- Experience with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) a
- Experience with configuration of Cisco, Sonicwall, Tofino, or
Checkpoint devices is a plus.
- Microsoft, VMware, and/or Cisco certifications are a plus.
Keywords: TCI Technology Consulting Inc, Detroit , Windows Server Administrator, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!