Die Setter - Metal Stamping- Relocate to Thomasvi
Company: Check-Mate Industries
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionCheck-Mate Manufacturing LLC is a subsidiary of
Check-Mate Industries and is located as a start-up facility in
Thomasville, GA. Over the past 40 years, Check-Mate has proven to
be the winning move for hundreds of customers in a diverse range of
industries including aerospace, automotive, firearms, cosmetics,
and medical industries. The unsurpassed customer service of the
company has long been recognized as an innovator and leader in tool
& die, stampings and assemblies. Whether producing high-precision
tools and progressive dies, stamping, or assemblies for everything
from healthcare to personal security products, Check-Mate
out-thinks, out-maneuvers, and out-performs its
competition.Check-Mate Manufacturing offers competitive pay,
benefits and relocation assistant.DIE SETTERCheck-Mate
Manufacturing has openings position for Die setters. This position
known as setup operators or setup workers, prepare machine tools
and production tools for press operators. They set up jigs,
fixtures, cutting tools, and stamping tools on machines that are
used for the shaping of metal. Die setters may set up plastic
injection and/or metal stamping presses.US Citizens and Green Card
Holders. This Position requires relocation to Thomasville, GA.
$5,000 relocation assistance. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Includes, but
not be limited to the following
- Die setter sets up dies, fixtures or assemblies in accordance
with safety standards and company procedures.
- Die setter troubleshoots equipment failures and problems with
- Die Setter will maintain accurate and complete production and
- Die setter selects and sets speed and feed of machine according
to type of operation and specified material and finish.
- Die Setter will start the machine to obtain first run work
piece and verifies dimensional tolerances.
- Die setter recommends adjustments to processes and equipment to
produce a product that meets company standards and customer
- Die setter reports equipment failures and unusual sounds or
actions while operating equipment.
- Die setter instructs operators or other workers in machine
setup and operation.
- Die setter coordinates and pre-stages all necessary items for
- Die setter sets up and programs new jobs on initial run. Fill
out proper paperwork and turn in to Supervisor.
- Die setter follows written instructions to determine production
requirements and part specifications as displayed on scheduling
boards and work standard sheets.
- Die setter manually loads parts or blanks into machine and
place parts into inventory baskets.
- Die Setter will load coils and feeds material into die where
- Die setter inspects components and assemblies visually for
quality defects including scrap marks, rust, burrs, lamination,
- Die setter inspects parts for quality defects. Measure part to
ensure they meet specifications.
- Die setter performs first piece inspection of set-up parts as
required by Quality Inspection Instructions and/or as directed by
- Die setter records and reports production, quality and
inventory information accurately.
- Die setter performs destruct in accordance with Quality
- Die setter notifies Supervisor when specifications are not
- Die setter monitors press for proper operation and reports any
malfunctions or problems to supervisor and maintenance.
- Die setter set the PLC's (Pneumatic Logic Controllers) inside
- Die setter pays attention to detail, troubleshoots die set up
and the way the press runs to achieve optimal results.
- Die setter repairs broken punches, buttons, shims, if possible.
Contact Tool Room for help with more extensive repairs.MINIMUM
- High School Diploma or GED from an institution of higher
- 3-5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- 0-1 year of experience in a metal stamping environment
operating high speed stamping presses
- Knowledgeable of OSHA and MIOSHA requirements as applied to the
die set up and press operation
- Knowledgeable of TS16949 and ISO 9001
- Certified to drive a forklift
- Physically able to bend, squat, twist, climb, reach and lift up
to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to be on feet for extended time per shift
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Communicates well with others
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Accuracy, attention to detail and being well organized
- Must be safety consciousBENEFITS
- Excellent compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term and long-term
- 12 Days PTO and 10 Holidays
- 401k participation after 1 year
- Training and Development OpportunitiesEOE/AA/M/F/VET/DPowered
Keywords: Check-Mate Industries, Detroit , Die Setter - Metal Stamping- Relocate to Thomasvi, Other , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!