Company: Sonesta International Hotels
Location: West Bloomfield
Posted on: June 25, 2022
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions
with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T.
- Receive soiled and sort all articles by kind, color and degree
of soil. Inspect all laundry and linens and records all damaged or
- Operate washers and dryers according to hotel standards and
- Monitor laundry supplies and equipment to ensure they are
sufficient and in working order.
- Fold and store clean linens, report damages to supervisor.
- Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to
established standards and procedures including making beds,
dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing
trash, etc. May include cleaning the kitchen area, room
refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishware, etc.
- Notify supervisor when service is completed so rooms may be
sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to
supervisor according to established procedures.
- Report needed repairs or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure
corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest
- Minimize waste of supplies and amenities within all areas of
the laundry and housekeeping.
- Handle all lost and found items according to established
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding
health and safety services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS AND
- Some previous commercial laundry experience preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English is preferred;
other languages beneficial.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical abilities are
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving
about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 75
- Will be required to regularly use commercial cleaning
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and
holidays.Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in
helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and
their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings
Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company
Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts,
Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life
Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.We are an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, national
origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules,
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels, Detroit , Laundry Attendant, Other , West Bloomfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!