MDS Nurse (RN)
Company: Riverview Health
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Join Riverview Health & Rehab Center - North and work with our
passionate and innovative healthcare team! The MDS Nurse (RN)
oversees and facilitates the completion of Resident assessments in
compliance with state and federal regulations. As MDS Nurse, you
will coordinate, manage, monitor, and maintain accurate coding of
the current MDS and care plan documentation. About Riverview Health
& Rehab Center - North Riverview's passion is to combine innovative
ideas with compassionate medical care and state of the art programs
to create a place of healing and hope for those who need
rehabilitation and nursing care. Riverview Health specializes in
geriatrics and works closely with hospitals and physicians to
create a collaborative environment of care and medical expertise
for our communities. Our Mission: The mission of Riverview Health &
Rehab Center - North is to be a premier health and rehabilitation
center by exceeding the expectations of our Residents, Families of
Residents, and Employees. Responsibilities:
- Acts as a facilitator in developing a comprehensive assessment
and care plan for Residents
- Ensures timely scheduling and completion of the initial care
plan and quarterly/annual review
- Promotes optimal communication among program staff members,
facility staff, referral sources, physicians, and residents
- Participates in quality improvement activities to reduce cost
and increase efficiency through improved systems and processes
- Assess prospective residents in conjunction with other team
- Schedule and facilitate patient/family care conferences
- Perform the functions of a nurse when required, i.e. on-call
- Daily Pay Option for Hourly Employees!
- Numerous Incentive Programs to Increase Compensation!
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Medical (PPO or HMO), Dental,
- 100% Employer Paid Life Insurance for Full-Time Employees!
- Generous Time Off Package - Earn Time As You Work!
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship Programs!
- Valid RN license through the State of Michigan required
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelors degree
- Valid BLS certification
- 1+ years of experience as a MDS RN strongly preferred
- 1+ years of experience providing care in a hospital setting
- Experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility or long-term care
- Must be able to express self adequately in written and oral
communication, and communicate effectively with supervisor, staff
members and other departments Physical Demands While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand
and walk. Stooping, bending, lifting, carrying, and other physical
demands may be required. The employee is occasionally required to
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described
above are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Riverview Health &
Rehab Center - North is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Decisions regarding employment will be based solely on the
individual's qualifications as they relate to a particular job
vacancy and to promote an environment of equal employment
opportunity. There will be no regard given to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran's status
or any other protected class as defined by law. This policy applies
to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring,
benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of
employment. Questions or concerns should be referred to Riverview
Health's Director of Human Resources. PI191385665
Keywords: Riverview Health, Detroit , MDS Nurse (RN), Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!