Company: Oak Pointe Country Club
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At , work feels like play, as you build relationships with your
team and meet Members from all different backgrounds. Every time
you step foot in your Club, you can create magic moments and enrich
lives. So, join us and be a part of a fun, fast-paced, high-impact
group of talented people. We are passionate about bringing people
together and about bringing out the very best in life. JOB SUMMARY
LifeGuard is responsible for assisting in the support and
enforcement of rules and regulations, and for the safety of the
pool facility within the lifeguard certification. The primary
responsibility of the lifeguard is the safety of the guests.
Secondary duties include pool, deck, locker rooms, general
maintenance, programs and work special events. Lifeguards are
responsible for keeping themselves physically fit and their rescue
skills at rescue ready levels. DAY-TO-DAY
- Scan pool area to detect safety concerns and practice
- Conduct self in a professional manner, understand, and relate
to guests while using the pools.
- Provide positive and enthusiastic customer service to all
members and guests. Greet members and guests by name.
- Effectively communicate with children, parents/guardians, and
the public. Quickly and efficiently respond to member questions,
comments, and concerns.
- Patrol pool areas to maintain cleanliness and to help maintain
facility and equipment. Perform daily maintenance duties such as
setting up for daily operation and major clean up at the end of the
- Work at swim meets.
- Test pool environment for proper chemical and environmental
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed. ABOUT YOU
- Some High School or working towards High School diploma. Some
related work experience with pool operations preferred.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification (including
CPR/AED and First Aid)
- Knowledge of how to prevent accidents and how to react if there
is an accident.
- Ability to swim for long distances, minimum 300 yards, and with
great strength. PHSYICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT: The outdoor
work environment may result in exposure to extreme weather
conditions such as heat, cold, and humidity. Regularly required to
sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to
see, speak, and hear. Regularly required to lift and/or move up to
25 pounds and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Mental and Physical Demands described are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these demands.
Have more questions? Check out our website to get more details
about ClubLife, the Employee Experience, Company Benefits, and Our
Culture. Be a part of our Social Network: or . ClubCorp is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer / ClubCorp participates in
E-Verify. This job post is intended to describe the general
requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of
duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed
here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operation of
Keywords: Oak Pointe Country Club, Detroit , Lifeguard, Other , Brighton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!