Senior Printed Circuit Board Designer
Company: Magna International
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Group DescriptionThe Mechatronics, Mirrors and Lighting group
specializes in automotive technologies that are driving the future
of mobility. Combining a deep systems knowledge to develop unique
vehicle access experiences, intelligent visions systems and
advanced automotive lighting technologies, MML's expertise light
the path to innovation, safety and styling.
- Develop printed circuit board assembly concepts through to
production, to ensure robust, cost sensitive design solutions.
- Work with the Electrical Engineer to develop and implement
solid design concepts to meet the requirements defined in customer
- Work with Lamp Level CAD designers and TIE to Perform Lamp
Level or Component Level packaging studies, balancing physical
- Create and define robust, computer aided design files,
consistent with Autosystems Standards, capable of enduring multiple
design revisions quickly and efficiently.
- Support data translation at the request of our Supply base to
facilitate tool builds and concurrent design activity in CAD
packages, other than that used by Autosystems.
- Work with Lamp Level designers to create e 2D drawings
(customer, component, compliance).
- PCB layout and assembly drawing creation
- Component placement studies/area studies
- Component footprint creation
- Library and vault maintenance
- Vault Administration
- Training of Jr. level designers as needed
- Training of Engineering resources on Altium Releases
- Design rule creation and management
- PCB panelization studies
- Out-job preparation - Gerbers, schematics, BOMs, etc.
- Establish Best practices with Component suppliers and Contract
Manufacturers for Pad stacks and footprint optimization and design
for manufacturability. Support VA/VE initiatives for PCBs. Key
- Two or three years post-secondary school (university or
Community college) (Engineering Field) or Associates in CAD
- 5-15 years' experience
- Altium Designer - Expert level
- Orcad Schematic Capture/PCB designer - intermediate level
- Mentor Graphics PADS - novice level
- Solid experience for layout of printed circuit boards of all
type FR4, MCPCB, flex circuit, etc.
- Knowledge of basic design standards relative to PCB manufacture
and PCB assembly
- Expert knowledge of electronic components
- Able to read and create schematics and modify schematic.
- Able to perform Circuit Analysis using Signal Integrity feature
- Knowledge of DfR Sherlock Thermal Fatigue Analysis tools a
- Knowledge of PCB finite element analysis a plus Personal
Attributes / Additional Information
- Effective communication (written and verbal) with various
departments within Autosystems
- Ability to effectively follow written and verbal direction on
tasks to completion
- Experience in Microsoft Applications such as Word, Excel, and
- Basic understanding of Electronic manufacturing processes and
techniques, such as PCB manufacturing, surface mount reflow,
selective solder, printed circuit assembly manufacturing
- CAE tool expertise for PCB and design layout
- Mathematical Skills: Aptitude for working with numbers with a
high degree of accuracy
- Reasoning Ability: Effective trouble shooting for a variety of
different situations/issues effectively Physical Demands Normal
amount of sitting and standing; Ability to move around an office
environment and on the production floor; Ability to work at a
computer workstation; Ability to bend, twist, lift, reach. Required
to carry out job duties and responsibilities in a work environment
that may include, but is not limited to, varying levels of noise
and/or temperature. Ability to lift max. 50lbs periodically.
Keywords: Magna International, Detroit , Senior Printed Circuit Board Designer, Other , Plymouth, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!