Youth Program Group Leader
Company: Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Position: Youth Program Group Leader (Permanent and
Seasonal)Salary Band: 1FLSA: Non-ExemptReporting to: Youth Program
Site ManagerScope:The ideal candidate will be responsible for the
implementation of varied activities including educational, life
skills, cultural and recreational services for at-risk youth
enrolled in a before and after-school 21st Century Community
Learning Center and / or summer program. Various Open locations
throughout Wayne County:
- Dearborn Heights
- Highland Park
- Lincoln Park
- River Rouge
- TaylorEssential Functions
- Implement a program curriculum designed to meet program
objectives as outlined in the program's concept proposal. This
includes but is not limited to academic education, life skills
education, and cultural/recreational activities to provide program
youth an opportunity for learning and personal growth in a
structured and positive environment during the hours after-school
and/or during the summer months. Hispanic language proficiency a
- Work with other agency staff to identify particular needs in
the areas of education, life skills education and personal
development that should be addressed outside the program.
Participate in meetings with parents and school officials to
discuss such needs as necessary.
- Evaluate youth progress in pre-determined measurable terms at
program intervals as directed.
- Assist in the recruitment of appropriate children for
enrollment in the program. This may include the design of flyers
and brochures, airing of public service announcements, and making
of presentations in the community.
- Participate in meetings with youth, program staff, and agency
administrators related to program design, program implementation,
and program evaluation in the interest of insuring the program is
meetings its goals and objectives. Work cooperatively with all to
create unity and to maintain open lines of communication.
- Maintain all records in a manner consistent with Wayne Metro
policies and procedures. Compile data from such records in the
preparation of reports as requested.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards assigned work, clients,
and staff, and a willingness to work with others.
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma and experience in youth
education/programming or a combination of education and experience
which is similarly appropriate.
- Currently enrolled in high school with proper work permit
- Minimum of two years of experience in youth
- Ability to implement program plans appropriate for meeting the
educational and personal development needs of at-risk youth.
- Ability to interact with parents, teachers, and other
professionals to identify, and provide for the needs of youth with
regards to social services, recreational/cultural activities, and
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.Travel
Requirements:Ability to travel to various sites.Licensing and Other
- Valid Identification and reliable transportation.
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated, or partially, with the ability to
complete within 30-days of employment. Circumstances preventing
vaccination, and corresponding accommodations will be reviewed and
considered.Work ScheduleWork schedule is Monday - Thursday, summer
program may require to work on Friday, with specific hours to be
determined by program needs.Other Duties:Please note that this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency, Detroit , Youth Program Group Leader, Other , Hamtramck, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!