Temporary, Exhibition Security Officer
Company: Detroit Institute of Art
Posted on: September 24, 2022
JOB TITLE : Temporary, Exhibition Security Officer DEPARTMENT :
Protection Services REPORTS TO : Security Supervisor STATUS :
Non-Exempt, Part Time, Temporary GENERAL SUMMARY The Exhibition
Security Officer serves as an ambassador for the museum and the
department during special exhibitions. The position tactfully and
effectively communicates the policies and practices established for
the protection and safety of museum staff, guests, and the
collection. The Temporary, Retail Sales Lead is a part-time role at
24 hours per week, open mid-August through the end of January 2023.
This position is in support of the DIA's Van Gogh in America
Exhibition. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Staff special exhibition gallery posts, both stationery and
foot patrols, during public hours with vigilance, attention to
detail, and a positive, welcoming demeanor.
- Serves as an ambassador for the museum and the department by
providing exemplary service and support while tactfully enforcing
policies and procedures.
- Directs visitors to various attractions and facilities within
the museum and throughout Midtown Detroit.
- Assist the Detroit Institute of Arts Museum Security Officers
during emergencies and non-routine operations, including but not
limited to: evacuations, lockdowns, shelter-in-place, medical
emergencies, and other unusual circumstances that may arise.
KNOWELDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required .
- Must be proficient in latest version of Office 365.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to interact
tactfully and effectively with leadership, peers, other museum
staff and the public.
- Ability to work varied shifts, including days, afternoons,
evenings and weekends
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, including understanding
and exercising service recovery options as appropriate.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Ability to troubleshoot customer service issues that may arise
in a calm and tactful manner.
- Ability to speak, read, and write Standard English.
- Ability to maintain a stationary position and/or move for the
majority of a shift.
- Maintain professionalism in appearance, demeanor, and
communication at all times .
Keywords: Detroit Institute of Art, Detroit , Temporary, Exhibition Security Officer, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!