Foodservice Cashier, Detroit Metro Airport
Company: Delaware North
Location: New Boston
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Opportunity Delaware North Travel and Hospitality is hiring
full-time or part-time Food Service Cashiers to join our team at
Detroit Airport in Huron Township, Michigan. As a Food Service
Cashier, you will display a positive attitude with guests and
co-workers while accurately ringing up merchandise and product in
an efficient manner.
$16.00 / hour plus $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS! At Delaware North, we care
about our associates professional and personal wellbeing. We have a
comprehensive benefits program designed to give our associates the
comfort, safety, and stability they need to deliver exceptional
service to our guests. All associates are eligible for benefits
including weekly pay, employee assistance program, training and
development, employee discounts, and flexible work schedules.
Medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match,
paid vacation and holidays, and tuition reimbursement are available
for eligible associates.Responsibilities
- Greet guests approaching stand and provide details to guests on
items for sale while using suggestive selling techniques.
- Serve food and beverage items in correct proportions, following
proper sanitation guidelines.
- Serve alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification,
and adheres to all alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Participate in set-up, opening & closing procedures, arrange
inventory, notifies supervisor of any inventory deficiency or
- Perform clean-up duties in the stand to maintain the quality
appearance of the work area, including cleaning equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned in addition to cashier duties
- Properly record all transactions via the point of sale system
and informs guests of the amounts owed.
- Collect the proper money for food and beverage items; processes
credit cards or determines correct change for guests.
- Account for all transactions; maintains accurate cash count and
balance banks at end of shift.Qualifications
- Ability to provide excellent guest service.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately account for cash and
- Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with
guests and receive orders.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.Physical
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand for the entire length of shift.
- Frequent standing, bending, stooping, carrying, walking,
sitting, and reaching.Who We Are Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County
Airport is Michigan's busiest airport, and one of the largest
airline hubs in the country. Delaware North has been providing
hospitality and retail services at the airport since 2002.At
Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and
how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: bartender, beverage, buffet, cajero, cashier,
cashier front end, casino, drive thru, host, receptionist
Keywords: Delaware North, Detroit , Foodservice Cashier, Detroit Metro Airport, Other , New Boston, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!