Human Resources Generalist
Company: Blue Water Developmental Housing, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Blue Water Developmental Housing, Inc. is looking for an
energetic and organized Human Resource Generalist. Our organization
employees almost 300 direct care employees across 13 licensed group
homes, numerous supported living arrangements, and community living
supports staff across St. Clair and Macomb Counties. The Human
Resource Generalist aides with and facilitates the human resource
processes at all business locations. This role administers employee
health and welfare plans and acts as liaison between employees and
insurance providers. This position resolves benefits-related
problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee
relations. The Human Resource Generalist makes sure certain plans
are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations
and that plan provisions are followed. The Human Resource
Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR)
department including hiring and interviewing staff, leave, and
enforce company policies and practices. This role provides
administrative support to the human resource function as needed,
including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
To learn more about our organization, check out our website!
JOB TITLE: Human Resource Generalist
REPORTS TO: Human Resource Manager
* A bachelor's degree in business administration, human resource
management, workforce development, or a related field and a minimum
of three (3) years of human resource related job experience.
* Valid driver's license with a driving record acceptable for
insurance purposes and reliable transportation.
* Acceptable criminal records check, meeting the organization
definition of acceptable moral character.
* Meets any minimum qualification for the position as may be
required by the Department of Health and Human Services, Department
of Community Health, funding sources and/or federal, state or local
* Coordinate all aspects of the hiring process.
* Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9
* Submits online investigation requests and assists with
new-employee background checks.
* Coordinate payroll status changes as indicated.
* Coordinate the provision of annual background checks, driver's
checks, reference checks, and fingerprinting.
* Conducts audits of benefits or other HR programs
* Review new hire files for completion of hiring requirements (BWDH
and Sanborn Gratiot Memorial Home).
* Coordinate implementation of all employee benefits, including
such things as: FMLA, health insurance, COBRA, and
* Coordinate the employee referral program process
* Ensure organization employment verification requests are
* Collect and post MIOSHA data as required
* To report and maintain worker's compensation injury claims.
Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes,
and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and
SHIFT: Full time, 40 hours per week, generally Monday through
Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.
WAGE SCALE: $17.50- $26.44 hourly. Starting wage is dependent on
education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.50 - $26.44 per hour%58047475%
Keywords: Blue Water Developmental Housing, Inc., Detroit , Human Resources Generalist, Other , Marysville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!