Mortgage Loan Officer
Company: Michigan First
Posted on: November 26, 2022
1231 S. Old U.S. 23Brighton48114We are currently seeking a
Mortgage Loan Officer to join our Michigan First Mortgage Office.
The person in this position will report to the Loan Center Manager.
We have multiple available locations including Lathrup Village,
Plymouth, Okemos, Grand Rapids, Rochester Hills, and Brighton. -Job
Summary:Our Mortgage Loan Officers strive to make an impact on
their client's lives by providing the most up to date mortgage
information in order to help them meet their financial goals. This
would involve increasing a client's mortgage loan portfolio by
developing business contracts; attracting mortgage customers,
completing mortgage loan process and closing. We are looking for
outgoing sales oriented applicants with uncanny client service
ability. -Key Job Responsibilities:
- Advise and educate clients on the home-buying or refinance
process and how to better manage their mortgage needs.
- Meets mortgage loan operational standards by contributing
mortgage loan information to strategic plans and reviews;
implementing production, productivity, quality, and
customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying
mortgage loan system improvements.
- Assists in the preparation of credit information necessary to
establish qualifying range, including such factors as applicant's
assets, credit experience, and income, based on predetermined
- Keeps record on file of credit transactions, inquiries, pending
loans, Loan Activity report by representative, and Daily Loan
- Attracts new mortgage loan applications by developing
relationships within the community, specifically with the real
estate community; making sales calls to prospective customers.
- Completes mortgage loans by monitoring collection, verification
and preparation of mortgage loan documentation; scheduling and
completing mortgage loan closing.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasion skills.
- Ability to perform functions in an accurate and timely
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Becomes/is an advocate of The Michigan First Way, supporting
all facets of it, including complete fulfillment of Our Promise, 5
STARS Service, SOLVE IT and our ISMs. - Fosters a positive demeanor
and image through professional representation in all contacts with
both, team members and members. - Consistently reflects and
displays each of our "ISMs" in daily job performance, as well as in
all business interactions while executing on our goals and
initiatives. - Learns and utilizes EMEC (Every Member's Experience
Counts) in day-to-day responsibilities when communicating with
- High school diploma, BA degree in Finance, Accounting or
- Previous experience in financial software or sales is a
- Passion, great communication skills, self-motivation, positive
and competitive attitude.
- Detailed orientated.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including
proficiency with financial calculations and operational software
- Must have more skills than just telemarketing experience.
Organic lead generation and Social Media efficiency is essential to
loan originators' long term prosperity. - -Michigan First Credit
Union was founded more than 90 years ago by educators and now
delivers world-class service to more than 185,000+ members at our
branches throughout Michigan, and we're growing! We offer financial
solutions for every life stage and seek to positively transform our
members' lives through personalized service that meets their unique
needs. -Simply put, Michigan First Credit Union's sole mission is
to provide the highest quality member experience. Working here,
you'll get to participate in a strong culture centered around
service, professionalism, and growth. -Michigan First
- 500 team members
- 35 locations spanning the Lansing area, Grand Rapids and Metro
- Industry leader in community support and charitable giving
through the Michigan First Foundation
- Member Services Call Center operates 24/7/365
- Over $1.5 Billion in assets -Awards Michigan First Credit Union
has been the proud recipient of:
- 2022 Channel 4 - Vote for the Best - Credit Unions (1st
- 2022 Channel 4 - Vote for the Best - Mortgage Lenders (1st
- 2022 Best & Brightest in the Nation
- 2022 Best & Brightest in Metro Detroit
- 2022 Best & Brightest in West Michigan
- 2022 Best Credit Unions to Work For
- 2022 Crain's Coolest Places to Work in Michigan
- 2022 Detroit Free Press Top Workplaces
- 2022 Best Companies Group
- 2022 Forbes Best in State Banks and Credit Unions
- 2022 Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency - Certified Veteran
Friendly Employer - Bronze Level
- 2021 Credit Union of the Year by NAFCU (National Association of
Federally-Insured Credit Unions) -Benefits and perks of joining our
award-winning team include:
- Very competitive pay
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision benefit options.
Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) - 100% match up to 5% deferral
- Tuition reimbursement for both Undergraduate and Graduate
- Access to a complimentary concierge service that assists with
nearly any item on your to-do list
- Free, state-of-the-art fitness center at our Lathrup Village
headquarters with exercise equipment, showers and locker rooms
- Wellness initiatives and events throughout the year to help
team members stay healthy
- Loan discounts for certain secured and unsecured loans and
- Opportunities for pay increases, incentives and profit-sharing,
based on performance
- Onsite subsidized top notch Cafe 26 for team members' use
- Onsite bowling center - - -Michigan First Credit Union is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Michigan First, Detroit , Mortgage Loan Officer, Other , Brighton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!