Company: SERRATO CORPORATION
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Corps is the nation's largest free residential education and
job training program that prepares young people ages 16-24 with
education and hands-on career training for entry level positions in
today's job market. At Job Corps, students can complete their high
school education, GED, learn a specific trade, and also receive
assistance in transitional support services (finding housing,
employment, etc.). Detroit Job Corps Center is located in Detroit,
Michigan and is currently managed by Serrato Corporation.
PositionSecurity Officer Reports To Senior Security Officer
Department Safety & Security FLSA STATUSNon-Exempt - Full Time
Primary Position Objectives Responsible for planning, developing,
implementing, overseeing, and integrating safety and security
programs for the Center. Must be available to work any shift and
day of the week due to a 24/7 operation.Brief Description of
- Ensures and enforces all laws, rules and policies within
his/her scope of authority.
- Foot patrols all assigned areas and remains alert for
disturbances, fires, safety hazards, traffic violators, suspicious
acts and/or persons, and other unusual conditions.
- Aids and assists visitors, student employees and staff in every
- Performs building security and safety checks.
- Receives complaints and performs appropriate
- Provides transportation service as needed.
- Investigates vehicle accidents at the Center.
- Issues visitor passes and temporary parking permits.
- Performs main entrance duty.
- Assists staff in quelling disturbances.
- Prepares written accident reports and other reports as
- Coordinates recruiting, selecting, and training of security
- Participates in preparation and enforcement of Center's safety
and fire prevention program.
- Conducts daily briefing with security cadets that cover
assignments, proper dress, and procedures.
- Provides written and oral reports, briefings, or summaries to
- Ensures all equipment is properly maintained.
- Provides vehicle checks to entering and exiting traffic.
- Adheres to required property control policies and
- Works towards meeting performance standard goals.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality
Assurance Plan (QAP), Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps
notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation's core values
and operating principles.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Helps students become more employable through continuous
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory.
Failure to participate may result in disciplinary actions up to and
- Assists in maintaining student security and accountability
during training, day and evening, by continuously walking through
those areas where students are being trained, having lunch,
participating in dorm activities, recreational activities, and
monitors grounds over entire Center.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Key Competencies Performance
Standards/Results Effective Communication
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly
confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and
verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively
listens to others. Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several
projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and
- Implements the key principles of time management, task
allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the
highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided
via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting
with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation's Healthy Workplace
- Acts as team player and builds professional relationships with
coworkers to achieve goals. Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Computer Literacy with basic computer functions, email,
internet, and basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge in operating security and surveillance
- Knowledge of basic security procedures.
- High level of good judgement and observation skills. Experience
Two years security, law enforcement, military, or related
experience. Safety related training preferred. At least one year in
a residential living setting and background in youth programs
preferred. Education High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Associates Degree preferred. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid State Driver's License. Physical Demands The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, talk,
and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use
hands and fingers to handle or feel; to taste and to smell. The
employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40
pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. Physical
stamina is required to handle a full shift of being active and
patrolling around the center. Work Environment The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level
can vary from moderate to loud. Benefits Offered
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision,
critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & 401K Matching
- Tutiton Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service ProgramDisclaimers
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug
Keywords: SERRATO CORPORATION, Detroit , Security Officer, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!