AUTOMOTIVE BODY SHOP PARTS SPECIALIST
Company: LaFontaine Collision Center & Body Shop of Ypsilan
Posted on: January 25, 2023
AUTOMOTIVE BODY SHOP PARTS SPECIALISTAre you interested in
joining a growing business that is committed to family, promotes
employees from within, is passionate about protecting the
environment, has an inspiring company culture, and is actively
involved with the community and local charities? If so, this
opportunity might be for you!THE POSITION: The Body Shop Parts
Specialist handles all parts orders and warehousing for vehicles
being repaired at the body shop.THE PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discounts on Sales and Service
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid
Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D,
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident
Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Holiday Savings Program with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday PaySkills & Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage
sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to
prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related
- Proficiency with, or the ability to quickly learn, the
organization's HRIS and talent management systems. (Payroll:
Reynolds & Reynolds / Ignite; HR Compliance: KPA /
VeraSuite)Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One year in a vehicle parts department preferred.Essential
Duties, Responsibilities, Skills & Qualifications:
- Assist Technicians in maintaining their repair order parts and
correcting any wrong or mis-ordered parts.
- Pull purchased parts from stock. If part is not in stock,
determine availability and inform technician of expected date of
- Answer and make telephone calls to parts vendors and recycle
yards to complete part purchases and returns.
- Verify "will-call" and "back-order" files weekly and return to
vendors or stock those items not required. Assist the parts to
service counter parts sales associate as necessary.
- Order parts not in stock as approved by the Body Shop
- Notify the technician and the manager when the parts
- Assist with organization and cleanliness of parts
- Receive and stock incoming inventory. Verify receipts against
purchase orders. Assist with periodic inventory vehicle counts as
directed by supervisor.
- Ensure merchandise is safely and properly stored. Complete all
training as directed by supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee
Handbook. Any other duties as assigned.Physical Requirements:
- Required to stand, sit, use hand to finger, handle, or
- Frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl,
reach with hands and arms, take and hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally
lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus.THE COMPANY: LaFontaine Automotive Group is an award winning
and nationally recognized automotive dealership of over 40 years
with 51 retail franchises, 8 collision centers, 29 Michigan
locations and 2,100 employees in southeast Michigan. We are proud
to be named Michigan's fastest growing automotive dealership group!
LaFontaine Automotive Group is a place where our employees are
truly family and where people come before the bottom line. It's a
welcoming place where you can build a career and will find the
tools and support needed to take your career to new heights.Our
Mission: -To Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families,
Strengthen Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience.
-Our Core Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect,
Communication, Teamwork, Passion.LaFontaine Automotive Group is an
equal opportunity employer. TIER2
Keywords: LaFontaine Collision Center & Body Shop of Ypsilan, Detroit , AUTOMOTIVE BODY SHOP PARTS SPECIALIST, Other , Ypsilanti, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!