Company: Amsted Automotive Group
Posted on: January 25, 2023
SMW Manufacturing is now the newest business unit of the Amsted
Automotive Group, a premier technology organization specializing in
complex metalworking and high-tech machining equipment and
processes. Amsted Automotive is a growing company that embraces the
employee experience through driving a positive culture, respecting
and implementing your ideas and providing opportunities for career
growth. As an employee-owned company, you will share in the overall
financial success of the business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Operate machine tools to produce precision parts and
instruments, i.e., micrometers, dial calipers and other various
- Ability to stand extended periods of time and lift 15 lbs.
while working in a fast-paced environment
- Modify parts and materials to improve overall
- Perform routine maintenance on machinery
- Calculate dimensions and tolerance using measuring
- Complete grinding of steel shaft diameters (tolerance between
.0002 and .001)
- Set up machines with speed, feed, coolant, flow depth/angle of
- Help avoid equipment failures by watching machine operations -
the movement of parts, gauges, dials, and machine sounds
- Complete set up and first piece checks by using basic
inspection and layout tools
- Assist with training others on basic operation and set-up as
requested and cross-train
- Other tasks as assigned by management
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- ID/OD Experience
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment.
- Possess strong motivational and leadership skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent work record history.
- Basic computer skills, including P.C knowledge and current
technology software familiarity.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and be
able to communicate with staff well.
- Quality, safety and environmental focused.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Incentive Bonus
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Short-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health and Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Discount Programs
WHAT ELSE YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW
- Ability to regularly stand or work for long periods of
- Ability to regularly lift/or move up to ten (10) pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds, and
occasionally lift to fifty (50) pounds.
- While performing the job, the employee is regularly exposed to
vibration, repetitive motion, bending, lifting, twisting,
crouching, reaching, pushing and/or pulling.
- Ability to endure heat.
Keywords: Amsted Automotive Group, Detroit , ID/OD Grinder, Other , Belleville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!