Digital Component Press Operator - 3rd Shift
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Digital Component Press Operator - 3rd Shift
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits---join
LOCATION: Chelsea, MI
Sheridan MI has operated in Chelsea, Michigan, for more than 70
years - of service to the book publishing industry. - Our customers
depend on us to covert their ideas into one of the most important
inventions man ever made, a book of printed words. -
Job Summary: -
Full responsibility for the efficient operation and quality of the
print product from the Digital Component press. - This position is
also required to assist with efficient operation and quality of the
print product from the Digital Inkjet Press.
- Read and understand work order, assembly sheets, impositions
and any other job instructions.
- Must be able to use a computer at an intermediate-to-advanced
level for daily job operations.
- Must be able to process all related work and instructions by
using electronic methods.
- Order paper taking into consideration the needs of the
- Inkjet roll stocks being used are very expensive, thereby
diligent paper conservation techniques will be expected and used on
a daily basis.
- Need to maintain Inks and Bonding Agents supply by changing out
drums as needed. These supplies are very expensive, thereby
diligent supply conservation techniques will be expected and used
on a daily basis.
- Set up stacking needs to send neat, well-marked and complete
product to the next cost center.
- Load the correct paper into the machine while tracking
consumption and return weights.
- Ensure product conform to next cost center needs including
- Be sure all scrap is thrown out, both printed and blank in the
- See that all skids are safely stacked before leaving Press
- Transport materials as necessary.
- Keep entire press area safe and clean.
- Communicate with following shift personnel.
- Perform end of shift duties leaving area ready for following
- Be capable of assisting in all Preventative Maintenance needs
as outlined from the Press Manufacturer. 100% Preventative
Maintenance compliance is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must present a positive attitude and show a
high-level of teamwork.
- Work with other operators to minimize paper waste and press
Basic Qualifications: -
- High school Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three months related experience and /or training; or equivalent
combination of education or experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as work orders,
workplace and safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals.
- Basic math skills, add subtract, and ability to use a measuring
- Basic problem solving skills.
Desired -Skills and Abilities: -
- Six months of manufacturing or related experience
- Ability to troubleshoot issues preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Ability to work with the following software packages or
- Microsoft Office, PrintStream
- Effective email and electronic communication skills are
- Ability to work with the following tools or machinery
- Pallet jack
- Paper Turning Disc
- Knives: razor, hand, slab-off skives
- Pallet wrap holder
- Hand tools
- Grease guns/ air hose nozzles
Physical Requirements -
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently, 20lbs
- Constantly be able to work in the work activities
- Moving to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to
- Communicating with others to exchange information,
- Operating machines and/or power tools
- Work in noisy environments
- Occasionally be able to do the listed activities
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps,
poles and the like
- Moving self in different position to accomplish tasks in
various environments including tight space
- Remain in stationary position, often standing or sitting for
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 50 lbs in all
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work
- Work in high temperatures, small and/or enclosed spaces
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for
employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 734-475-9145
option 3 or .
Keywords: Sheridan, Detroit , Digital Component Press Operator - 3rd Shift, Other , Ypsilanti, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!