DetroitRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Detroit jobs

Tooling Designer

Company: Actalent
Location: Wixom
Posted on: March 19, 2023

Job Description:

Description:The Tooling Designer will be responsible for analyzing customer requirements to create and modify tooling designs within Unigraphics NX. Duties will also include: - Creation of BOM's (bill of materials),-Design reviews, assisting with assembly drawings and detailing, and ensuring overall customer satisfaction. - 85% of their time will be spent on the design tube. The other 15% will be spent with BOM or on the shop floor.- Candidate will start fully onsite for the first month or two while they start to understand the business. After this period, hybrid schedule : onsite one week fully and remote for two/three weeks- When restrictions lessen there may be travel required to Mexico or Germany for training- Self- Starter attitude- Development and implementation of company design standards and practices for manufacturability and improved efficiencySkills:unigraphics nx, tooling, Edgefolding, thermoforming, Die-punching, Foaming, SAP, BOM creating, pneumatics, assembly drawing, surfacing, Metal StampingTop Skills Details:unigraphics nx, toolingAdditional Skills & Qualifications:Must Haves: - Unigraphics NX (they are at version 1980)- Portfolio ( not necessarily the exact drawings they have created but tooling they would be able to speak to and walk the managers through)- Tooling Design Experience - Associates DegreePreferred: - SAP knowledge-Tier 2 experience-Plastic Injection Tooling Experience-experience designing tooling/molds- min-Edgefolding or Thermoforming experience-Die-Punching-Foaming experience-Press lamination- Understanding of pneumaticsExperience Level:Entry Level About Actalent: Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.

Keywords: Actalent, Detroit , Tooling Designer, Other , Wixom, Michigan

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category

Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Michigan jobs by following @recnetMI on Twitter!

Detroit RSS job feeds