Communications Sr. Specialist
Location: Sterling Heights
Posted on: March 20, 2023
SALARY RANGE FOR THIS POSITION STARTS AT $57,000/YEARThe
Communications Sr. Specialist will work collaboratively with the
Marketing & Communications Manager, internal and external
stakeholders to lead and manage project communication
initiatives.DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team to
identify and execute project internal communication needs.
- Create and design various materials for print and digital
collateral including key presentations, video projects, and general
- Develop and implement communications strategies that support
key organizational initiatives.
- Coordinate, develop, and issue internal resources.
- Develop branding ideas, graphic designs, and promotional
- Create innovative marketing campaigns utilizing robust data and
present strategic recommendations.
- Serve as a point of contact for staff regarding communication
- Coordinate and release staff crisis communications.
- Assist with social media efforts with regard to content
creation, customer service, reporting & analytics, etc.
- Report and analyze communications-related data to identify
strengths and potential opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance of the communications
Intranet site making sure all content is timely, accurate, and
- Perform communications research and monitor the progress of
various communications strategies.
- Support and assist in developing process automations to ensure
- Serve as department subject matter expert and act of point of
contact for communications initiatives and projects.
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing
up to 25 pounds.
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or
equivalent experience.BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 5 years of experience.
- Experience in professional desktop publishing/graphic
design/production (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Experience in Intranet/Website content management
functionality, including data analysis and reporting tools.
- Knowledge of MS Word/PowerPoint/Excel, MS Teams, Zoom, and
- Demonstrated track record of success in the integration of a
strategic communications plan.
- Experience in conducting research as requested and documenting
findings in an easily digestible format.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent listening skills and strong interpersonal
relationships to facilitate work with a wide range of individuals
and groups from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Strong understanding of integrated communications and how it
can strengthen the brand and influence perception among key
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and
techniques of oral and written communications.
- Skill in synthesizing information; writing for a variety of
audiences; professional editing, and writing feature articles.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks
simultaneously, and to perform comfortably in a fast-paced,
- Experience within the healthcare field a plus.
- Knowledge of video production, editing, and design a
plus.MAXIMUS INTRODUCTIONSince 1975, Maximus has operated under its
founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling
citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their
governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human
services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process
management and technology solutions that contribute to improved
outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy,
accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs.
With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud
partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia,
Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more
information, visit https://www.maximus.com.EEO STATEMENTEEO
Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and
veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems
essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly
enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and
experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows
you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of
our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and
their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian
life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the
National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military
service member, we have challenging and rewarding career
opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce
is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal
employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.PAY
TRANSPARENCYMaximus compensation is based on various factors
including but not limited to job location, a candidate's education,
training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work,
required travel (if any), external market and internal value
analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal
pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's
total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and
long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards.
Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees,
including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance,
a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off.
Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be
commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An
applicant's salary history will not be used in determining
compensation.POSTED MAX - USD $72,100.00/Yr.POSTED MIN - USD
Keywords: MAXIMUS, Detroit , Communications Sr. Specialist, Other , Sterling Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...