Power Systems Tech I
Company: RESA Power
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Power Systems Tech is expected to perform service, test and
maintain various types of power distribution equipment. While
learning position assists Techs with measurements, equipment set
up, removal, site set up and site cleanup.
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data
of low, medium and high voltage (to 500kV) electrical systems.
- MCC's, Breakers and moderately complex relay calibration and
Test and calibrate electro-mechanical and solid-state relay.
- Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker
Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer
emergencies in a timely manner.
- Perform inspection, maintenance, testing and repair of
transformers and all related equipment - 45 KVA to 130 MVA, dry
type and oil filled.
- Perform maintenance, testing, reconditioning and repair on
circuit breakers - low voltage 480 volt (molded case and
air-magnetic). Maybe in location's shop (if applicable) or Customer
- Perform maintenance, testing, reconditioning and repair on
circuit breakers - medium voltage up to 15 KV (air-magnetic and
vacuum). Maybe in location's shop (if applicable) or Customer
- Test and inspect low and medium voltage cable
- Perform start-up, troubleshooting and repair services on
generator controls and transfer schemes.
- All work and decisions shall be conducted in strict compliance
of all regulatory laws.
- Work will require flexible hours, weekends and holidays. Must
be available for out-of-town work.
- Other job duties and tasks as assigned.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- High School diploma/GED and minimum 1 year of experience in a
- Knowledge of various industry standards such as: NETA, NEC,
OSHA and NFPA.
- Prefer experience with most of the following or similar: MCC's,
Breakers, relay testing, oil testing, infrared scanning, performing
start-up on switchgear up through 500kV class, etc.
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety
- Good theoretical understanding of electricity and a good
aptitude for problem solving.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with customers
- Dependable and responsible with good judgment and
- Good customer service, time management and follow-up
- Work effectively with customers, peers and management to
resolve client issues.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Windows and
Microsoft Office- use of Internet for
- For positions that utilize a company vehicle, will be required
to have a valid driver's license.
Who we are!
RESA Power is a dynamic, people first organization that prides
itself on being the employer of choice in its industry! RESA is
fortunate to have an extraordinarily talented group of people who
take pride in everything they do! RESA Power has locations
throughout the United States & Canada. We are a trusted service
provider committed to ensuring the safety, performance, and
compliance of electrical distribution systems. With a track record
of long-term partnerships and excellence in customer experience for
nearly a decade!
Ensure reliable and safe mission-critical power across our
customers' electrical infrastructure lifecycle.
To be the premier, first-choice, trusted provider in the US and
Canada for critical power services and products by delivering the
best customer and employee experience in the industry.
Core Cultural Competencies
We do it right
- We pride ourselves on our integrity and expertise. We don't cut
- You perform job responsibilities safely, efficiently, and
thoroughly all day, every day.
- You conduct yourself professionally, ethically, and
- You display sound judgment and decision-making skills. You
avoid choosing courses of action that assume unreasonable risk to
yourself or the Company.
- You are on time and preplan time off.
- You produce a quality product.
We are customer driven
- Our number one concern is our customer and our long-term
relationships with them prove our dedication.
- You approach job responsibilities with enthusiasm,
professionalism, and in a customer focused manner.
- You promote goodwill by handling all contacts (example:
coworkers, management, vendors, customers, etc.) with respect,
courtesy, cooperation, attentiveness and follow instructions from
We focus on growth
- We are dedicated to growing the company and our employees.
- You understand and apply your knowledge of techniques, policy,
procedures, equipment, and skills involved in the job.
- You seek out new assignments and assume additional duties.
- You seek to expand your abilities (certifications, continuing
ed, OTJ experience, etc.).
We solve problems
- Every day is different, so we need to be innovative, decision
makers, flexible and adaptable.
- You efficiently and thoroughly complete assignments.
- You perform work assignments independently.
- You propose new ideas and find better ways of doing things.
We get it done
- We are efficient, reliable and no nonsense. We work hard, but
we also play hard.
- You follow through on commitments in a timely way.
- You produce easily understandable and accurate reports that
meet customer and/or Company expectations.
- You actively listen. You seek advice and help as
- You can effectively deliver messages to a variety of
individuals (RESA employees, vendors, customers, etc.).
Webuild strong relationships
- Our leaders are servant leaders. We provide you with the
support of a well-run company, but the connectedness of a family.
We collaborate with each other and our customers.
- You collaborate to create the best solutions for each other and
- You build strong relationships within the team, across RESA
departments and locations and with customers and vendors.
Travel:Up to 50% travel. Maybe more depending on location.
Physical Demands:Lifting a minimum of 50lbs on a daily, crawling,
climbing, standing for long periods of time, and working in
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer.Qualified applicants
will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Keywords: RESA Power, Detroit , Power Systems Tech I, Other , Wixom, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...