Superintendent - Structures
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Principal/Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Directly supervises employees in the Structures Crews
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and
subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures,
interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of
construction to prevent delays.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at
specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and
inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve
construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms
to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and
costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Directs workers concerned with major maintenance or
reconditioning projects for existing installations
- Cost control
- Attend coordination and production meetings with the PM to
develop activities and amend possible problems related to
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned. -
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Certificate in construction
- Minimum of five years experience in similar role
- Structures and bridges construction experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the
- Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to deal
with problems involving several concrete variables
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office
Keywords: Dragados, Detroit , Superintendent - Structures, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...