Transfer Press Operator
Company: E and E Manufacturing
Posted on: May 28, 2023
First Shift Time: 6am-2:30pmSecond Shift Time: (5% Shift
Premium)3:30pm - MidnightOperators will set up and operate Transfer
Press equipment to customer-supplied specifications while
maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and
continuously monitoring quality. The operator will operate a
machine which creates quality parts stamped out from steel coil.
The operators are responsible for cleanliness and keeping press
maintained, checking parts with calipers, and tools, setting up,
loading and adjusting coil to produce parts to customer
specification.To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the
essential job functions. Also, additional job duties may be
- Examines finished stamping pieces to verify conformance with
specifications according to operator inspection sheet, quality
control plans and/or customer notes using instruments such as
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly
condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Ability to run progressive and transfer dies.
- Ability to run crane.
- Ability to park and unpark transfer bars.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Manually adjust transfer finger adjustments.
- Pre-stage own die.
- Knowledge of GMS system.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety
- Basic understanding of computers and ability to perform
computer functions as they pertain to the job.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints,
welding symbols, operating and maintenance instructions and
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and
ability to multi-task.
- Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly
learn the use of precision measurement tools.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to
- Working safely as a condition of employment.Die Setting Skills:
- Q.D.C. Leader Q.D.C.
- Tool room system trainingUnderstanding Press System:
- Proper use and operation of tonnage monitors
- Proper use and operation of P.L.C.'s
- Proper use and adjustment of Die Protection Devices
- Limit Switches
- SensorsUnderstanding of Press Line Components:
- The press, slide, clutch, and counter balances
- The Feeder: strengtheners, pilot pin, grippers and air
- The Coil Box: Pinch rollers, chain drive and control box
- Conveyor system set-upSafety Program:
- Proper use and instruction of Power Lockout procedure
- Light curtain setup, calibration and adjustment
- Barrier guard adjustment
- Proper use and instruction of Dual (Two Hand) Control
- Proper use of the Die Setters Safety Setup Check Off
- Setup time
- Equipment Maintenance Check List
- Production paperwork
- Die Summary
- Q.D.C. PaperworkDie Operation:
- Tune in a proper starting procedure for job.
- Knowledge of using Setup stop blocks to set shut heights
- - Have the ability to set tooling heights and clearances.
- Properly adjust and set progression, feeder heights, air
pressure and that all controls are set for that job.
- Poka YokeIntangible Skills:
- To be able to communicate with the tool room on repairs and
improvements needed on the dies
- Knowledge of the tool crib procedures and perishable
- Have the ability to train others
- Exhibit leadership abilities.
- Take the initiative, "Be that go to person" for those in your
room or on your shift.
- Have the ability to recognize when tool room assistance is
- Be a highly motivated personWork environment characteristics
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees
also may be subject to certain environments such as working near
loud moving mechanical parts. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The following environments include:
- Fumes or air borne particles
- Risk of electrical shock
- VibrationNoise LevelThe noise level in the working environment
will be heavy with high traffic. Ear protection will be
required.The physical demands describes below are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The following physical demands include:
- Standing long hours (10 hours)
- Climb or balance
- Weight up to 50 PoundsSpecial Vision Requirements
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
- Depth perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge
distances and spatial relationships).
- Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an
object into sharp focus).To effectively carry out duties and
responsibilities in the job position the following education,
experience, or certifications are preferred:**Education:**
- High School Diploma or GEDExperience:
- One to five years of related Transfer Press experience and or
- Welding, Laser Cutting, Plasma Cutting, and or Water Jet
Cutting background also a plus.Certifications:
- NoneTo effectively carry out duties and responsibilities in the
job position the following skills are required:Computer skills:
- Experience with basic computer systems.Communication skills:
- Speak effectively with fellow employees.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating
and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, etc.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.Mathematical skills:
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions,
percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.Other
- Detail oriented.
- Organized and able to meet deadlines while performing multiple
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.E
& E offers a competitive wage, solid opportunity, and a career path
to success. We offer comprehensive benefits such as medical,
dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term
disability, 401 (k) program, and free membership to local gym.You
should be proficient in:
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- Blueprint Reading
- PLC Troubleshooting SkillsSalary info:$17 - $25 / hr
Keywords: E and E Manufacturing, Detroit , Transfer Press Operator, Other , Plymouth, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...