Security Officer I Afternoons FT
Company: DMC Receiving Hospital
Posted on: September 21, 2023
DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, Michigan's first Level I Trauma
Center, helped pioneer the evolution of emergency medicine and
currently has one of the busiest and most well-equipped emergency
departments anywhere. The first and largest verified burn center in
the state is at Receiving, and it is one of only 43 in the nation.
Receiving also offers the state's leading 24/7 hyperbaric oxygen
program, Metro Detroit's first certified primary stroke center, and
the nationally recognized and accredited DMC Rosa Parks Geriatric
Center of Excellence.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and
procedures, provides protection to hospital, patients, visitors,
employees and their property.
1. Presents a visible security presence in order to prevent the
appearance of criminal opportunity. Performs patrols of assigned
area; maintains awareness of environment and observes potential
security risks, takes appropriate action to prevent or suppress
activity contrary to hospital rules and regulations which is
criminal and/or which poses a safety hazard to persons and/or
2. Assists patients, guest and staff by providing general
information. Provides access control by checking badges and passes
and identification of persons entering the hospital to prevent
entry of unauthorized persons into business and patient care areas.
Checks packages being brought into or removed from hospital
building and grounds.
3. Performs public service duties as needed (i.e., escorts
patients, guests or employees; assists persons locked out of
vehicles or rooms; opens or locks doors; provides battery boosts).
Assists with restraints and lifting of patients as needed.
4. Investigates complaints regarding parking, safety and security
matters, disorderly or suspicious persons, etc. Prepares reports
documenting all significant events and investigations, crimes
committed, lost or found property, safety hazards, repair requests,
and the like.
5. May patrol parking lots and decks to maintain security. Ensures
compliance with parking regulations and observes hazardous
conditions when present. May direct traffic on hospital premises as
6. Monitors security and fire equipment, such as alarms, cameras,
control gates and the like. Answer telephones and provides
information to public and hospital staff as needed.
7. Engages in opportunities for additional education and training
in criminal law, first aid, defensive tactics and other topics
relevant to security.
8. Assists in releasing bodies from morgue.
9. Responds to Emergency Codes in accordance with Hospital and/or
Security Department policies.
10. Promotes the values of the DMC by demonstrating behaviors
supportive of a commitment to quality, community welfare, respect
and involvement, teamwork, open and effective communication,
innovation and education and efficient and effective resource
1. High school diploma or equivalent and four (4) years experience
in security and/or public law enforcement or military police.
2. Minimum of two years college course work in criminal justice,
security administration or related program, and (3) years
experience in security and/or public law enforcement or military
3. Completion of State of Michigan MCOLES certified police academy
and (3) years experience in security and/or public law enforcement
or military police.
4. Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, security administration
or related area with participation in security or law enforcement
through an internship or volunteer work such as police reserve
5. Valid State of Michigan driver's license. Must be eligible for
coverage as a driver of DMC vehicles by the DMC's insurance
DMC Receiving Hospital
2305002320Employment practices will not be influenced or affected
by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: DMC Receiving Hospital, Detroit , Security Officer I Afternoons FT, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!