Company: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Posted on: September 21, 2023
**Up to $25,000 Sign on Bonus, based on amount of relevant
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMC's largest hospital, offering a
comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency
medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services.
Sinai-Grace's joint replacement program features a revolutionary
minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts
patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than
21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout
Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation
to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set
the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians
throughout the nation.
In addition to the staff nurse role, assumes shift responsibilities
for the care delivery team. Assists in coordinating the provision
of care through assigning and scheduling staff, as well as
prioritizing, delegating and evaluating patient care. Assists in
evaluating patient care provided by nursing staff. Assists in
Process Improvement activities. Works with the interdisciplinary
team to problem-solve system and unit-based issues. Provides input
into nursing staff performance appraisals. Assists with Staff
Educational requirements as needed. Participates in activities
pertinent to the unit and hospital Demonstrates own commitment to
personal and professional goals. The Clinical Coordinator will
supplement staffing under direction of Administrative Director
and/or Clinical Manager.
The Clinical Care Coordinator takes an abbreviated patient care
assignment in order to assure the leadership responsibilities are
1. Functions as lead and resource person for nursing personnel.
Acts as a clinical resource person and assists clinical manager in
planning and facilitating staff meetings and staff development.
2. Collaborates with manager in prospective monitoring of the
schedule to assure adequate nurse-patient ratio on a given shift.
Reviews monthly schedule, communicating with staffing office
regarding staffing changes.
3. Facilitates shared decision making among staff. Facilitates unit
throughput on given shift to improve LOS (Length of Stay).
4. Coordinates/provides in-service programs to assist staff to
maintain or enhance their competence in fulfilling job
responsibilities based on identified needs of patient care
5. May assist manager with interview, selection, retention,
mentoring, and evaluation of staff.
6. Participates in development of policies, procedures and
standards for the department.
7. Assists with department Process Improvement and Peer Review.
1. Associates Degree/Diploma required. BSN preferred.
2. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse by the state of
3. One to two years of progressively more responsible experience
with evidence of increasing leadership abilities.
4. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, delegate to others and
5. Minimum Level 6 of the Promoting Excellence Performance
Criteria, if an internal candidate, preferred.
6. BLS required, ACLS preferred.
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
If Other Shift, Specify:
2 shifts 11a-1930, 2 shifts 7a-1930, weekends every other
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital, Detroit , ICU Coordinator, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!