Company: CW Bearing
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Our Success Formula: Global Network - Local Service.
CW Bearing USA, Inc. is a medium-sized manufacturing company poised
for growth over the next few years. We are a globally operational,
privately-owned company based in Ningbo, on China's east coast. The
company was founded in 1984 by Hu Xiangen.
We specialize in the development and production of a wide range of
premium quality ball bearings for electrical motors, gearboxes,
power tools and the automotive industry. We also specialize in ball
nuts and ball screws for automotive and industrial customers.
CIXING GROUP CO. LTD. is one of the 10 largest producers of ball
bearings in China. We possess a worldwide sales and distribution
network and have offices in Asia, Europe, North America and Latin
Our ultra-modern production facilities enable us to serve both
global customers and mid-sized companies. Regardless of the size of
the delivery - small lots or serial production - we never lose
sight of our customers' requirements. The establishment of good
working partnerships is our highest priority.
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, 401k with annual
employer match, flexible schedules (for applicable positions) clean
temperature-controlled manufacturing facility, and much more!
We are currently seeking:
Position: Controls Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Classification: Salaried Exempt
Work From Home Status: Does Not Apply (position is 100% in-person
and candidates must live locally or within a reasonable commuting
distance; no relocation is available)
The Controls Engineer drives business profitability by performing
machine electrical control design and programming of the Company's
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide key input into the development of departmental
strategic goals along with identifying key measurable to support
the departmental goals.
- Create PLC program and HMI Programs using Siemens and
- Maintain PLC based control systems for manufacturing automation
- Program PLC ladder logic and improve logic to reduce cycle
time, reduce downtime due to crashes
- Support machinery installations with electrical and control
information as needed
- Lead projects and assist skilled trades in electrical
- Manage control engineering projects from conception to final
- Configure and test PCs for use in material handling automation
- Support operations in electrical/controls troubleshooting and
continuous improvement activities.
- Generate wiring schematics and control drawings with AutoCAD,
maintain all plant electrical prints.
- Work closely with engineering team to define system control
- Select industrial control components, assist with MRO
- Assist corporate controls in engineering changes and new
- Guide, design, develop and test electrical control methods,
materials, processes and results.
- Champion assigned engineering changes communicate and
coordinate accordingly to all departments.
- Train, coach and mentor the electrical controls process for
controls engineers, manufacturing and skilled trades
- Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and
Quality registration (ex. TS 16949, ISO 14001, etc.)
- Direct and/or participate in root cause analysis and team
problem solving activities (ex. 8D reports, department meetings,
- Responsible for adhering to all internal and OSHA required
safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized
and verify individual usage of personal protective equipment (PPE)
by the work team.
- Support the Company's mission vision and values in performance
of daily activities
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the
- Other tasks as assigned by management
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of PLC hardware and Ladder Logic programming,
to include Siemens PLC's, Siemens Step 7, Siemens TIA Portal, Omron
- Excellent "hands on" electrical/mechanical aptitude.
- Computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understanding electrical/controls circuitry and
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of factory information system.
- Ability to work well with others in a team
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication
- Ability to Prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced work
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ year(s) of experience with integration of PLC and CNC
controls on machine tool systems is highly desired
- Minimum 5 or more years of related technical, hands-on
- Experienced controls engineer with working knowledge of
appropriate electrical controls and safety engineering standards,
and industry practices.
- Robotics design/controls implementation experience required
Positions at CW may require the following: alternating between
sitting and standing; climbing stairs, ladders, scaffolding or
ramps; crouching/stooping; driving; near/far visual acuity; fine
motor manipulation; gross motor manipulation; hearing; keyboarding;
kneeling; lifting/carrying; moving objects; peripheral visual
acuity; pushing or pulling; reaching overhead or below; repetitive
task performance; sitting; speaking; standing; using foot or leg
Our manufacturing facility is a climate-controlled environment.
There is no long-term exposure to dangerously loud noise or extreme
Cognitive abilities include executing tasks independently; learning
and/or memorizing tasks; maintaining concentration/focus on tasks;
working with/in close proximity to, other people.
All hourly team members are expected to report to work and be ready
to work at their scheduled start time. It is required that they
adhere to and follow the attendance policy(ies).
All salaried team members are expected to perform their
duties/responsibilities in a timely manner. Although they may not
have set schedules, they are expected to either be at work on a
schedule agreed upon by their manager or be available via
phone/text/Teams if working remotely (Remote work does not apply to
All CW entities are equal opportunity employers.
Employee Referral Eligible - Level 2/3
Keywords: CW Bearing, Detroit , Controls Engineer, Other , Northville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!