Regional Multicultural Strategic Planner (African American Market)
Posted on: October 12, 2018
PRIMARY FUNCTION / POSITION SUMMARY:
The Regional Multicultural Planner will play a key part in developing African American-focused advertising campaigns for a major automotive brand's regional efforts.
The planner is responsible for writing the formal creative brief and for providing the ideal environment for creative development. GTB seeks a Strategic Planner with strong African American consumer insights. The planner will use data to identify ideal audiences, messages, support. Responsibilities include combining market data, qualitative and quantitative research and product knowledge within a core proposition to enable the creative team to produce advertising ideas that resolve defined business issues and connect with the desired target. A key challenge is to integrate and align regional strategies to the overall marketing strategy, yet incorporate important regional nuances, differences, insights in order to be relevant to consumer targets in that particular market.
This position will partner with the regional agency Account Director, Creative/Content team, Media Communication/Connections Planners, and National Retail team to develop overall communications plans. They will be supported by Analysts for much of their quantitative data needs.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Providing the creative team with a clearly defined creative brief that contains concise information on the business issue to address, key objectives, target audience, relevant product strengths, messaging strategy to elicit desired actions.
- Gaining a comprehensive context for advertising strategies by analyzing a wide range of information in great detail including demographics, socio-economics, cultural, competitive, market share, funnel measures, advertising effectiveness, performance.
- Works with Analytics to dive into data and find the hidden gems that reveal true consumer insights.
- Identifies cultural and other key trends to develop insights into the category, brand, and consumer.
- Develop and share regional brand tracking efforts with internal teams and clients
- Competitive audits and analyses: Staying on top of trends and key competitors.
- Play a key role in the development and presentation of regional communication plans specific to creative targets, strategies, messaging.
- Leading regional communication effectiveness tracking efforts.
- Liaising with clients to identify specific business goals and develop ideas. Advise on possible approaches or adaptation of approach to the target market.
- Maintain and support all company standards as specified within the Quality Management System.
- Supports/facilitates the mandatory adherence to ISO9001 requirements, processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Understanding of both brand and retail, and what makes effective communication.
- Must be curious, enjoy problem solving and be proficient at using various research and data to develop insights that tell a story and inform the strategy.
- Solid ability to think both analytically and conceptually.
- Must work well independently as well as with a cross functional team.
- 7 years experience in brand planning.
- Position will be based in Dearborn.
- Travel is required. - African American marketing analysis preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Have physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, GTB Agency, LLC. does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy-related status, veteran status, physical or mental disability where the individual is otherwise qualified, national or ethnic origin, or on any other basis where protected by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: GTB, Detroit , Regional Multicultural Strategic Planner (African American Market), Other , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!