Company: Triumph Group
Posted on: February 15, 2019
OverviewTriumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems, and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph Group is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer. Triumph Integrated Systems provides a full range of integrated solutions for aircraft manufactures around the globe. We partner with key manufacturers to produce crucial components, systems and subsystems required to help maintain a competitive and technological advantage. We provide design, development and support of internally designed components, subsystems and systems, as well as production of complex assemblies using external designs.
Based in Macomb, MI, Triumph employs approximately 300 personnel. The Company's key products and services include manufacturing, test and assembly of complete transmission and gearbox assemblies as well as complex gears and housing. Our design engineering group can specify and design any gear application, from simple build-to-print to collaboratively engineered, highly specialize applications.
This person will be responsible for the imspeaction of aerospace products.ResponsibilitiesInspector (1st Shift)
- Capable of the reading and interpretation of customer blue prints and that customer specifications are properly adhered to.
- Shall be capable of performing inspection(s) of product to the blue prints and specifications using standard measuring instruments such as - micrometers, bore gages, optical comparators, surface analyzing equipment, calipers height gages, etc.
- The individual shall also be responsible for assuring that all Quality documentation is properly maintained.
Final Gear Inspector (1st and 2nd)
Gear/Final Inspectors use predetermined methods, operations, setups, and prescribed specifications to inspect visually, in process and completed mechanical units and subassemblies. Gear/Final Inspectors will use various inspection devices. They will accept or reject defective non-conforming components. Gear/Final Inspectors work from blueprints, diagrams, customer specifications, drawings or inspection instructions and checklists. They may monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
Gear/Final Inspectors are expected to have some working knowledge of inspection equipment they may be used in the inspection process. They are also expected to understand blueprints, specifications, and work instructions. Gear/Final Inspectors work under very limited supervision and must be self starters and problem solvers. They will be working with other departments and must be able to relate well with coworkers.Qualifications
- 5 years minimum experience required.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Candidate shall be capable of demonstrating proficiency in the interpretation of blue print requirements and inspection of products,
- Have a strong math background, be able to read and interpret blue prints and
- have a strong knowledge of GD&T
- Computer and communication skills are needed.
Keywords: Triumph Group, Detroit , Quality Inspector, Other , Macomb, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!