Company: North American Bancard
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Commercial Underwriter/Credit Analyst - North American Bancard (NAB) - Troy, MI Job Summary: The primary focus of this position is to perform commercial underwriting, risk analysis and/or periodic reviews associated with NAB's larger volume and high exposure merchant relationships. This role will interact with agents, merchants, and internal stakeholders to obtain all necessary information for performing comprehensive financial analysis and risk based due diligence to make sound recommendations. What You'll Be Doing:
- Conduct analysis of commercial credit applications and related financial documents associated with diverse business types and processing environments to make sound underwriting decisions within the analyst's credit authority;
- Perform advanced level financial analysis to summarize risk findings in a written format, and make verbal and written recommendations per credit policy requirements to management consistent with NAB's risk criteria.
- Conduct periodic credit reviews associated with high volume merchants with a larger risk.
- Handle a wide range of lending amounts, with both standard and non-standard documentation.
- Handle high risk/high volume accounts of new and/or existing clients, and assist management with new high-volume applicant requests.
- Make recommendations as requested by management in bi-weekly credit committee meetings.
- Review and make recommendations related to department policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with the Risk Department on assigned accounts.
- Provide guidance to lower-level team members.
- Communicate effectively with merchants, sales representatives, internal departments, and management to complete merchant reviews.
- Minimize losses by implementing reserves, sourcing letters of credit and/or administering funding holds.
- Other duties as may be assigned What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, accounting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a commercial underwriting environment or analyzing financial data.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing individual and business credit reports
- Must possess flexibility to work extended shifts when volume spikes, particularly at month/period end.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment with changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in spreadsheet and word processing software
- Must be positive, team-oriented and possess a willingness to work with all levels of applicants License and Certification Requirements: None Additional Information: FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Direct Reports: None Travel Requirements: Up to 5% GET TO KNOW NORTH AMERICAN BANCARD: North American Bancard is committed to helping businesses prosper through innovations in credit card processing, ecommerce and mobile payments. We believe in smarter commerce for all and we're committed to building the next generation of payment technologies. North American Bancard reserves the right to alter this description at any time. North American Bancard practices the concept of equal employment opportunity with respect to hiring, promotions, transfers, pay, discipline, fringe benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. No individual will be discriminated against, and no employment decisions will be made, on the basis of an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, protected disability, marital status, familial status, veteran status, height, weight or citizenship. Pay Grade for internal applicant use: #28 #LI-SM1
Keywords: North American Bancard, Detroit , Underwriter, Other , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!