Branch Service Specialist
Company: Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Founded by a small group of educators, Michigan Schools & Government Credit Union (MSGCU) has been providing quality financial services to the community for more than 60 years. Following our mission of being a caring organization dedicated to promoting financial success for our members, we have grown to be the 6th largest Credit Union in Michigan. With 14 offices in Macomb, Oakland and Wayne Counties, MSGCU has more than 325 team members, 125,000 members, $2 billion in assets, and has earned a 97% member satisfaction rating for the past ten years. We have also been honored as a Top Workplace by The Detroit Free Press six years in a row. If you have a passion for helping people and providing exceptional and dependable service, we want you on our team! Branch Service Specialists will work an average of 40 hours per week during our branch hours: Monday-Wednesday 9am-5pm, Thursday and Friday 9am-6pm, and Saturday 9am-1pm. Overview: Performs a broad range of member sales and service functions to deliver our brand promise to members. Responsible for sales related activities on a day to day basis, as either a Member Service Representative or Teller, with a focus on identifying member needs by asking questions and offering solutions in order to build loyal member relationships. Completes day-to-day responsibilities of member service (loan applications, opening new memberships, opening IRAs, setting-up automated services and other member service requests.) Additionally, is fully versed and able to perform teller functions Responsible for balancing each days transactions and verifying cash and transaction totals when operating as a teller. Works as a productive, cooperative and engaged team member to serve members and reach individual and branch goals. Demonstrates exceptional member service skills. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Member Service
- Understands the role of the Credit Union and engages in member service activities to support the Credit Union and its members.
- Exceeds member service expectations by providing superior quality service in a professional, efficient and courteous manner. Sets and achieves high standards of excellence while interacting with colleagues and members.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of products and services in order to provide quality member service and offer solutions. Accurately performs day-to-day
- Consistently demonstrates behaviors from Service Strategies program for internal and external members. Sales
- Consistently applies the sales process model, effectively practices sales activities/sales skills and demonstrates brand behaviors to meet member needs and deliver our brand promise.
- Uses a consultative approach and asks high impact questions to identify and meet member needs, both perceived and unperceived. Listens for member cues and offers solutions for member needs by focusing on the benefits and value to the member.
- Effectively overcomes member objections to ensure member full understanding of products/services and acceptance of product.
- Builds trusting relationships with members by being the financial expert and shows a sincere interest in the member and their financial success.
- Focuses on deepening member relationships through follow up and making suitable recommendations to members.
- Generates new business by asking for the business and for referrals.
- Makes outbound phone calls to follow up with member or expand relationship Teamwork
- Demonstrates team behaviors of honesty, integrity, sharing, collaborating and participating in team discussions.
- Demonstrates willingness to help internal/external members by readily stepping into other areas as requested, making suggestions for improvements and learning new skills.
- Behavior consistently demonstrates engagement with members and commitment to Credit Union initiatives.
- Actions consistently serve to improve relationships and trust with colleagues and members. Job Knowledge, Quality and Productivity
- Demonstrates an understanding of Credit Union policies, procedures and guidelines and applies to responsibilities. Is familiar with competitor fees and products and has a general understanding of the current financial landscape.
- Completes responsibilities with a high level of excellence, professionalism, efficiency, accuracy and responsibility for outcomes.
- Understands and is able to explain ownership options to members, eligibility requirements for membership and ensures that all paperwork, documentation and signatures are completed as required.
- Complete transactions with focus and understanding in order to ensure accurate processing of member transactions
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of process and procedure for both the Member Service and Teller roles.
- Contributes to branch productivity and to the success of the Credit Union by engaging in and striving for goal achievement. Essential Preparation and Training:
- High school graduate and six months of cash handling experience either as a Teller in a financial institution or as a retail sales representative/cashier required and
- 2 years retail sales experience, or
- One year of customer/member facing experience within a financial institution or
- An Associate degree preferably in Business Administration, Marketing, Accounting or Finance. Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Effective interpersonal skills to relate to members in a friendly, courteous, professional manner.
- Demonstrated effective sales skills or ability to perform sales skills.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology and software, and functionally able to operate other standard office equipment such as calculator, copier and facsimile machine.
- Above average reasoning, mathematical, and language ability.
- Above average clerical perception; average general learning ability, verbal and numerical aptitude form perception and manual dexterity. Working Conditions:
- Environment generally good, with little discomfort from noise, extreme temperature, dust or other factors. Required to travel throughout the Credit Union's service area to provide adequate service to members.
- Exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, such as robbery. Receives detailed instructions and security procedures on an annual basis to minimize risk.
- Strength Level - Sedentary: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Keywords: Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union, Detroit , Branch Service Specialist, Other , Livonia, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!