Sous Chef - Mt. Brighton - Full-Time - Seasonal - Brighton, MI
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes
boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious
and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to
deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most
innovative companies?and re-imagine a mountain resort experience
with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.?The Sous Chef at
Mt. Brighton is responsible for the overall quality of food in
full-service dining, cafeteria and for banquet services.?
Responsible for the full range food preparation tasks, using
advanced cooking skills to work on a line or in a cooking station,
the Sous Chef enhances the guest experience by leading cooks to
provide superior products and services to our guests.? Mt. Brighton
contributes, promotes and demonstrates Vail Resorts' mission
"Experience of a Lifetime" for all of our guests and our team as
our daily goal.?As a benefit, employees of Mt. Brighton are
eligible for the EPIC Season Pass which is valid at all the Vail
Resorts in the United States and Canada.?? This pass is also
available for employee dependents at a minimal cost. Opportunities
for advancement abound, including the chance to Extend Your Winter
by working at western Vail Resort in the Spring.?????AS AN ADVANCED
COOK, YOU WILL:
- Assist Food & Beverage Manager with menu planning, production
and daily operation of the restaurant.
- Assist Food & Beverage Manager with inventory control including
ordering, receiving, organizing and managing all food, beverages,
supplies, etc purchased for resort operations.
- Assist Manager and Supervisor with leading and supervising
staff including coaching, training, scheduling, conducting
performance reviews, engaging and retaining food service
- Oversee food preparation and provide training and guidance to
Advanced and Entry-level cooks.
- Monitor and supervise product and production need list for the
next day of business, equipment maintenance log, and food quality
and sanitation line checks for all stations.?JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cook complex menu items, prepares sauces and glazes to enhance
- Improvise on established recipes based on availability of
- Suggest, develop and test new recipes and menu items.
- Responsible for basic food preparation tasks, such as cutting
up meat and fish, cleaning, peeling, slicing, chopping, measuring
and mixing ingredients, etc.
- Use basic cooking skills to work on a line or in a cooking
station, such as the broiler, fryer, oven, grill, or saut? station
and be responsible for set up of assigned station.
- Responsible for loading and unloading food product to remote
meal sites for preparation.
- Enhance the guest experience by providing superior customer
service to our customers (internal and external) at all times.?
Respond to all guests in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Assist with setting up, stocking, organizing and cleaning work
areas with all necessary food, supplies and equipment.
- Assist with the preparation of various hot foods, such as
cooking basic sauces, soups and vegetable dishes; butchering meats,
poultry and fish.
- Assist with plating of various breakfast and/or luncheon
entrees and side dishes.
- Ensure that foods are maintained at proper temperatures for
serving, and that health and safety procedures are followed.
- Monitor all foods for quality of taste, texture and
- Monitor all food production methods for cost and time
- Other duties as assigned.?JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age ? Required
- Must be willing to work holidays and weekends ? Required
- Culinary degree or training in a culinary arts school plus
three years of professional cooking experience, or a combination of
education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills
- 2-3 years supervisory experiences ? Preferred
- Serve Safe certification ? Required
- Knowledge and skills in safe food handling, preparation and
cooking; proper sanitation methods
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position including:
stand for long periods of time; bend, lift and carry heavy objects
up to 50 lbs;, walking, climbing, reaching, stooping, kneeling, and
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to
detail and timeliness
- Ability to work well with others while maintaining a positive
- Must be able to work independently or in a small team to
accomplish daily tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form (in
- High School graduation or equivalent ??Required?Work with a
team that?s passionate about providing world-class experiences at
one of the legendary Midwest family winter destinations. An easy
drive from many southeast Michigan cities, Mt. Brighton is truly
the place where Epic begins offering year-round amenities from
skiing to golf and mountain biking.Become part of the Mt. Brighton
family.? www.vailresortscareers.comVail Resorts is an equal
opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.Requisition ID 177719
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Detroit , Sous Chef - Mt. Brighton - Full-Time - Seasonal - Brighton, MI, Other , Brighton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!