Company: Detroit Salt Company, LLC
Posted on: December 6, 2019
Detroit Salt Company is hiring an electrician who will repair,
install, replace, and test electrical circuits, equipment within
the underground and surface work place. This person will inspect
and test electrical lighting, signal, and communication and power
circuits. The electrician will also diagnose malfunctioning
systems, apparatuses and components using the above mentioned
testing methods and other hand tools to locate the cause of the
problem and correct the issue of concern. The electrician will also
be responsible for the connection of wires to circuit breakers,
transformers and/or other components associated with low and medium
voltage circuits. The replacing of faulty switches, sockets and
other elements of electrical systems will also be handled. This
position will dismantle electrical machinery and replace electrical
or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes and armatures, mount
motors, transformers, and lighting fixtures into position and
complete circuits according to diagram specifications. The
electrician is responsible for performing all work with adherence
to safety procedures and inspecting completed work insuring the
work conforms to requirements of NEC codes and MSHA regulations.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits such as
vacation time, insurance package and 401(k) plan.
- Adhere to safety policies and health regulations per the
company guidelines and MSHA.
- Performs, under minimum supervision, tasks of substantial
variety or complexity which require knowledge of the processing
techniques, materials, tools, machines and equipment relative to
- Ability to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or
electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatuses and
- Maintain electrical equipment to meet regulatory codes at the
county, state and federal levels.
- Understand PLC functions and troubleshoot problems.
- Troubleshoot, repair and install medium voltage equipment in
the work environment.
- Perform rigging, safety related functions and other
miscellaneous electrical functions.
- Works from engineering drawings, rough sketches, manuals or
- Devises and utilizes nonstandard procedures.
- Communicates with management any situation that may affect
safety of any employee or other issues that affect production or
quality of product.
- Inspect and perform daily routine housekeeping as necessary to
ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Electrician license or years of experience equivalent. Prefer
at least 3 years of electrical experience in an industrial
- Knowledge of MSHA regulations.
- Ability to use hand tools, grease gun, soldering iron, operate
mobile and stationary equipment and utilize electric testing
- Operation of mining equipment and engine maintenance.
- Must pass skills test and possess supporting documentation of
- Must pass pre-employment physical.
- In an underground mine for duration of scheduled shift.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or
Keywords: Detroit Salt Company, LLC, Detroit , Electrician, Professions , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!