SC- Administrative Assistant
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help
you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores,
distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest
corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Provides plant leadership and team member administrative support in
the unit assigned. Maintains and distributes documents for
regulatory and reporting purposes. Supports hourly hiring and the
orientation process. Ensures that leadership and team member
administrative needs are met. Practices 200% Safety Accountability
(self and others)..
What You'll Be Doing:
- Communicate by telephone, on-line systems and in person with a
variety of people outside the department and/or outside the Company
to give or obtain information.
- Responsible for general facility administration, including
answering phones, mail and email, ordering supplies, maintaining
all facility files, managing donation requests, and pay card
- Research, analyze and interpret data to create and compile a
variety of reports.
- Responsible for regulatory tracking, administration and data
requests for different licensing, drug screens, OSHA, unemployment,
court documents, and work permits.
- Coordinate hourly hiring and orientation, including management
of job postings, processing background checks, managing new hire
paperwork, and coordinating new hire questions.
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment as a member of the
safety committee and as the facility wellness champion.
- Provide support for team members and leaders by processing job
changes, maintaining personnel files, updating communication boards
and assisting with uniform orders.
- Complete project work as requested and relieve manager(s) of
routine administrative details.
- May screen and follow up on manager's telephone calls.
- Perform other related duties as required.What You Bring With
- High School graduate or equivalent with knowledge of business
math, office procedures, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and PC
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of the desktop applications and the
primary software used within the department support as
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products.
- May be required to design reports, charts, graphs, and
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures as they
relate to departmental functions.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and
effectively with a diverse group of callers and visitors.
- Ability to maintain a highly professional image and conduct
business in this manner.
- Ability to be resourceful and take initiative.
- Good follow through and ability to anticipate the needs of the
- High level of organizational skills, attention to detail and
ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Analytical abilities sufficient to gather and interpret
corporate data for the solution of problems.
- Ability to know and understand what is a critical issue and
appropriately react to the situation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, management, and organizational
Keywords: Meijer, Detroit , SC- Administrative Assistant, Professions , Newport, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!