Project Manager - Construction
Posted on: January 15, 2021
WalbridgeProject Management /
Provide overall administrative and technical direction for one
large, complex project or, may direct several small and/or medium
size projects through subordinate managers. Responsibilities to
include customer interface, client development, project scoping,
estimating, scheduling, procurement, construction oversight, safety
oversight, cost and progress monitoring, management and
We want you to join our team.
Through industry-leading innovation our company has forged a legacy
of quality and safety since our founding in 1916.
What we offer you:
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programs
Why choose Walbridge:
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small
enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out
projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is
constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E
representatives, subcontractors, end users, security, etc.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and
performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy. Plan,
coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction
of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule
and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and
implement corrective measures. Authorize/approve all purchase
requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures,
standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as
- Maintain official project log and documentation files. Assist
with implementation/interpretation of safety programs. Provide
direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental
equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company's interest and
simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by regional
- 4 year construction management /engineering degree or
equivalent professional training and experience.
- Extensive (minimum 10 years) experience and knowledge of
commercial construction activities, design, finance, and management
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management
techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices,
processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities
is vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact,
diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Must be a
- Reporting to regional Vice President of Operations, makes
decisions and recommendations which can greatly impact corporate
relationship with Client and project profitability.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer with a culture that
promotes diversity in the workforce. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability,
military, or protected veteran status or any other legally
protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions
concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation,
benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition
Keywords: Walbridge, Detroit , Project Manager - Construction, Professions , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!