Posted on: April 10, 2021
Our Penske Recruiter will manage the full life-cycle recruiting
process, including: sourcing, selection, offer negotiation, and
initiating the onboarding process for our distribution operations
located in Romulus, MI. We are seeking a highly responsive,
customer focused individual with strong time management and
organizational skills to manage approximately 50 (primarily hourly)
positions at any given point as well as salaried roles at the
This position will be based out of our Romulus Distribution Center
reporting to the Staffing Supervisor with a strong dotted line
relationship to the local operations and HR teams. This position
will recruit for positions such as warehouse workers, facility
technicians, shipping and receiving clerks and Operations
A heavy emphasis on this role is placed on sourcing and recruiting
talent. Utilizing resume databases, research, and networking
skills, the position will require the proactive identification of
active and passive talent through flawless execution of our process
and creative thinking for challenging roles and markets. The
position will also be responsible for placing and editing job
advertisements in various media outlets, database management,
internet resume mining, cold calling, local school/organization
recruiting, diversity organizations, screening applicants, and
potentially selecting candidates for certain entry level roles.
The hiring decisions you make have a direct impact on our business
operations and external customer success. Your efforts will
contribute to the success of the location keeping a targeted 30% of
candidates in background screening and 90% of new hire/orientation
- Maintains effective working relationship with HR and Operational
partners to ensure appropriate staffing service levels are met
through the creation of area staffing plans
- Confers with management and supervisors to identify staffing
needs two months in advance through workforce planning, conducting
intake/scoping calls and providing process overviews and realistic
expectations to hiring managers.
- Manages the necessary sourcing and advertising of openings
- Develops and maintains local relationships with technical
schools, colleges, alumni groups, military sources, and diversity
organizations to find and attract applicants
- Manages and facilities onsite hiring events (open house, career
fairs, interview days)
-Coordinates and help facilitate onsite Meet & Greets for warehouse
- Conducts electronic screening and phone screening of candidates,
updating status in our tracking system.
- Maintains constant communication with hiring managers on active
candidates. Also regularly discusses future hiring needs and backup
- Coordinates background checks on applicants, and reference checks
- Coaches hiring managers with effective recruiting practices to
ensure polices and legal requirements are in compliance.
- Possess and maintains on-going knowledge of the latest recruiting
strategies utilizing a high level of creativity and latitude
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations
including AAP, and ADA; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural
differences in all phases of recruitment process.
- Supports Penske diversity initiatives and objectives.
- Develops a full understanding of, and utilizes, reporting
features of recruiting systems, including requisition reports,
candidate status reports, etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2-3 years recruiting experience in a large, decentralized or
centralized company environment required, recruiting warehouse
- Bachelor's degree required, or, at least 3 years of equivalent
work experience required
- Must have demonstrated internal customer service skills,
including troubleshoot and problem solving experiences.
- Must have demonstrated strong organizational and documentation
- Able to communicate effectively both in-person and through
written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers,
managers, and leadership.
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced environment, and keep up
with a high volume of activity
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, strong organizational skills and
ability to prioritize.
- Willingness to travel, about 20-40% to various locations by car,
plane or train overnight, as required or directed by area
- Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; recruiting
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems
required, prior experience with Taleo preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
management and supply chain management solutions. Visit
www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Detroit , Recruiter, Professions , Romulus, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!