Senior Commerce Strategy Consultant - REMOTE
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Senior Commerce
Strategy Consultant for our national Commerce practice.
At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and
business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most
recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge
technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's
biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as
well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity
to spread your wings, too.
We are a leading-edge digital consultancy where team members build
their careers solving complex and interesting business problems for
great brands and clients. Clients love us because we fuse strategy,
creative and technology into data-driven solutions - and we bring
the full weight of a tech-savvy consulting firm to support our
best-of-breed digital consultancy.
Our national Commerce Practice team is comprised of passionate and
capable strategists, architects, project managers, business
analysts, developers, and infrastructure specialists who specialize
in the designing and implementing of industry leading eCommerce
platforms. We deliver on the promise of a unified commerce
experience, through strategic discussion aligned to business needs.
We use an agnostic approach with a deep portfolio of options to
address all levels of digital maturity. We are experts on the
leading Commerce and Order Management platforms including HCL
Commerce, Magento, Epi-Insite, Znode, InRiver PIM, and IBM Sterling
We are seeking a Senior Commerce Strategy Consultant to help
Perficient deliver a strong value proposition to our clients. This
position is critical in nature as it is responsible for making
definitive recommendations to our customers as to how they should
best establish baselines, key performance indicators and set
strategies and tactics that assist them in delivering their online
objectives. This position will ensure targeted clients see the
added value nature of their relationship with the company and
specifically with the role of the Senior Commerce Consultant as
their trusted advisor.
Business-to-Business and Direct-to-Consumer eCommerce, Product
Information Management (PIM), Supply Chain, Content Management,
Marketplaces, On-Site Search & Mobile Commerce are just a few of
the areas of expertise that the Senior Commerce Strategy Consultant
will advise on .
- Provides a portfolio view/perspective across the entire
Perficient capability set to clients and prospective clients.
- Understands the architecture capabilities and supported
Perficient implementations of the platforms. Pull in Practice Leads
to help supplement with deeper understanding of specific
- Articulates business impact of decisions and potential
directions within client roadmaps developed
- Working with the Delivery teams to identify gaps in skill sets
needed to support trends or areas where we are at a competitive
- Engages in sales pursuits (needs to be defined/profiled)
especially those where multiple technologies (related or unrelated
to commerce) are in play.
- Defining and developing the approach/response to a prospect
- Coordination with Solution Architects and other cross
functional SME's during the development of the approach.
- Collaborates with sales team and leads/facilitates discussion
to gather appropriate info necessary to guide the prospect toward a
- Participation during key milestone reviews of deliverables for
approach/strategy/recommendations to assure alignment to client
- Contributes to creation of sales artifacts (SOWs, PGMs, RFPs,
etc..) as part of sales pursuits
- Provides estimates for consulting hours within proposalsClient
- Become Trusted Advisor to client through knowledge of their
business and strategy and align technology to add value
- Participation/Facilitation of strategic engagements, quick
starts and Wedge offerings.
- Participation/Facilitation in Discovery/Envisioning sessions
and workshops to ensure the technology solution aligns to defined
- May participate in a strategic oversight capacity within
monthly managed services engagements. Can be built into ongoing
development contracts for strategic oversight on a monthly
- Provide Product Owner/Voice of customer role to delivery team.
Helps ensure alignment of client objectives to the service delivery
approach. Proactively monitors technical delivery to avoid
misdirection or client satisfaction issues.
- Lead/facilitate/participate in client quarterly business
- Works with clients in a Trusted Advisor capacity to identify
value proposition of Digital Commerce Deployment, understand the
organizational and operational impacts of Digital Commerce, and
develops/maintains ongoing roadmap for Digital Commerce
Capabilities aligned to client business objectives.
- Collaborate with Client Executives to provide direction,
turning high-level strategies into executable business and
technology plans/roadmaps that are delivered across multiple phases
both internally and externally.
- Supports clients to help the development and on-going support
required defining, building, and maintaining a successful
- Correlate current client business practices to
platform/product/service capabilities or required features.
Translate business requirements and solve business problems through
technical solutions (cases, activity diagrams, and functional
specifications) and non-technical solutions.
- Act as a point of contact and SME for technical delivery team
during build and ongoing development phases of the client
- Analyzing the strategy and activities of a Digital Commerce
business or channel in order to recommend initiatives that the
business or channel should undertake.
- Participating in the creation of Statements of Work and/or
proposals for new opportunities
- Collaborate with developers to establish the technical vision
and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Ensure requirements have been properly documented to be handed
off to the technical team.Thought Leadership and Marketing
- Aligns with industry analysts on a regular basis to represent
PRFT's POV on Commerce and associated disciplines.
- Speaks at industry events / host webinars as a recognized
expert in the field of Digital Commerce.
- Partners with the Commerce General Manager and Principal to
Socialize the message/strategy of the Commerce Practice to other
BU's within PRFT.
- Creation of blogs, whitepapers, and other content around SME
topics as part of thought leadership and support of Perficient's
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Software
Engineering, Marketing, or related fields.
- At least 10+ years of experience as a Business Analyst,
Solution Architect or Business Unit Director in an eCommerce or
- Extensive eCommerce consulting experience with demonstrated
accomplishments in business strategy, financial/business modeling
and analysis, online marketing and merchandising, e-commerce
operations and competitive analysis.
- Genuine passion and excitement regarding eCommerce best
practices, trends and online tools.
- Understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and
translate those needs into requirements.
- Ability to separate the "most-important" from the "somewhat
important" tactics based on customer specific situations.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a goal-oriented
- Ability to communicate with all levels, internally and
externally including C-Level executives.
- Proven capabilities to work within a fast-paced
- Demonstrated experience in a consulting or client-facing
- Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver functional and
technical solutions within constraints of time and budget.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.Preferred Skills And Education
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related fieldPerficient
full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We
offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation,
generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits
package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all
colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition
programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a
healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great
benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm
serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North
America. With unparalleled information technology, management
consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient
Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding
digital experience, business optimization and industry
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and
competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers,
suppliers and partners; and reduce costs..... click apply for full
Keywords: Perficient, Detroit , Senior Commerce Strategy Consultant - REMOTE, Professions , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!