Location: Sterling Heights
Posted on: May 7, 2021
Req #15575 Wednesday, April 28, 2021 Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE:
GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to
thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level,
Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize
winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser
products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local
media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a
wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more
than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital
marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and
WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and
runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com. Material Handler
Gannett Publishing Services
Sterling Heights, MI
Michigan.com, part of the USA Today Network, which prints the USA
Today, the Detroit Free Press, and The Detroit News, has openings
for Full-time Material Handler/Inserters at our Sterling Heights
Key Responsibilities/Job Requirements:
This position is responsible for operating machines to insert
preprinted advertisements into newspapers.
You will perform various functions necessary to package, insert and
distribute supplements for daily and Sunday newspapers.
- Ensure each bundle through stacker lines is properly wrapped
and tied for delivery to Transportation.
- Properly label, wrap and package all mail, files and V.I.P.
- Account for all papers in Mailroom by recording all waste,
salvage and figures from stacker counters on proper reports.
- Check bundles every ten minutes for accurate counts.
- Neatly stack and separate all zoned product for expansion.
- Maintain zone integrity by using proper zone wrappers on skids
- Maintain all equipment and general cleaning daily.
- Communicate with managers to ensure proper operation is
- Help to maintain a clean and safe work environment by using
proper waste material receptacles, and participating in safety
- Excellent attendance is expected.
- Ability to stand for extended periods while working during
- Ability to lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 35 lbs.
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a
drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will
consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color,
national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance,
sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities,
disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Other details Job Family UNION Job Function Marketing Solutions Pay
Keywords: Gannett, Detroit , Material Handler, Professions , Sterling Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!