Principal Planning and Controls Analyst- Remote
Company: BAE Systems
Location: Sterling Heights
Posted on: January 16, 2022
An experienced Production Program Controls Specialist is sought
to join BAE Systems Platforms and Services Program Controls Team to
work within its CAS Enterprise Program Controls/ Program Management
system supporting on-going Program operations, including but not
limited to current and future programs. BAE's current program
portfolio includes several large-scale, multi-year programs with
the U.S. Army. These programs are based in the design, development,
production, support, maintenance, modernization and upgrades to
armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship
combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery
systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor with
operations in multiple CAS Sites. In addition to managing the
on-going requirements of its programs, the Program Controls /
Performance Measurement System is integrated with the Financial
Systems to provide information required for near-term and long-term
planning of the laboratory resource needs.
Under limited direction, the selected individual will be
responsible for planning and implementing highly complex cost and
planning program control functions and systems.
The Production Control EV Analyst is responsible for:
- Analyzing production (Supply Chain/Manufacturing Operations),
material planning, inventory control, distribution, cost analysis,
finance, and/or a variety of other business and technical problems
to support effective integrated program management in a production
based earned value management environment.
- Responsible for formulating and develop new or modified
solutions to business issues to support the program while
maintaining compliancy to government regulations and
- Oversee the work, resources, and dollars using program controls
tools drawing from advanced understanding of program management
methodology, program control principles, and hands-on experience
with planning and cost processing software. Interface with other
Program Controls Specialists in the development of templates,
serving as a planning and cost processing tool expert, and advising
program managers and CAMS on the trends and progress of their plans
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of monthly trend
and Earned Value (EV) performance reports (IPMR), processing
updates to the Estimate to Complete (EAC) and implementing baseline
- Respect, understand and value individual differences that
embody the principles of diversity.
- Abide by all environmental, safety, and health regulations.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline and 6 years of Program
Controls/ Program Management experience; or a Master degree and 4
years of experience.
- Analyzes production, inventory control, material planning, cost
analysis, and/or a variety of other business and technical problems
to contribute to the development of new or modified processes
affecting the manufacturing operations function.
- Understanding of Program Controls/ Program Management
processes, as applied on developmental engineering and production
programs, including but not limited to risk management, financial
management, work breakdown structures, change management, cost
estimating, configuration management and system surveillance,
operations, and procurement.
- Experience with Earned Value Management concepts and
- Experience in EVMS Joint Surveillance Audits, System
- Experience with Integrated Baseline Reviews
- Demonstrated ability to support the development of resource
loaded schedules, including but not limited to schedule statusing,
reporting, variance analysis, and change control.
- Experience with Manufacturing Requirements Planning Systems
- Strong understanding and use of Excel and Share Point
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiarity with Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations,
ANSI-748-D, EVMIG, and NDIA Intent Guides.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment and experience
interfacing with high-level internal and external government
- Demonstrated ability to support program managers and their
control account managers with the use and maintenance of program
controls systems and outputs.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, including
working in a semi-structured environment with the skill to develop
and implement new processes and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with both technical
and non-technical staff.
- Program Controls/Program Management certification(s) are
- Ability and willingness to work additional hours beyond the
normal work day when required to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Cobra Data Integration Tools, or equivalent
(MPM or Cost Manager).
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an
international defense, aerospace and security company which
delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and
naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security,
information technology solutions and customer support services.
Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission,
but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your
passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security
with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence
solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national
security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a
big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a
rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc
does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns,
missile launchers, and naval ship repair---just to name a few. Our
employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They
are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect
the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think
P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and
perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences
are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance,
and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where
all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only
build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance,
uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate
Keywords: BAE Systems, Detroit , Principal Planning and Controls Analyst- Remote, Professions , Sterling Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!