Senior Plant Operator
Company: DT MidStream Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At DT Midstream, we've got the energy to achieve great things!
DT Midstream owns and operates a diverse, integrated portfolio of
midstream pipeline, storage and gathering assets, allowing us to
provide a comprehensive set of midstream services to our customers
across the Southern, Northeastern and Midwestern United States and
into Canada. Our newly independent public company is an energy
industry leader with more than 20 years of proven success as part
of DTE Energy and our focus is to be safe, caring, dependable and
efficient in all we do.
This senior position is responsible for day to day operations and
maintenance of natural gas facility and gathering system. Lead
works closely with team members and leadership to establish
priorities and ensure successful execution of projects.
A Senior Plant Operator should be able to perform all of the
following at an advanced level:
* Assumes the responsibility of operating natural gas pipeline
associated equipment such as reciprocating natural gas compressors,
dehydrators, treating equipment, fluid separating equipment,
valves, gas/liquid measurement equipment, pumps, etc. Operating the
equipment and system may include, but is not limited to:
* Start-up/shutdown of equipment
* Adjusting controls to bring equipment into recommended or
prescribed operating ranges
* Visually inspecting equipment and controls at periodic intervals
to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment, or
* De-pressuring equipment and pipelines
* Purging/pressurizing equipment and pipelines
* Performing gas leakage surveys
* Locating and marking underground pipelines and monitor
construction activity along the ROW
* Operating valves
* Implements safe work practices and a proactive safety culture
while ensuring safety for the employee, the public, and the
environment at all times.
* Keeps Gas Control advised of any operational changes to the
pipeline or equipment, as well as, any safety related
* Ensures regulatory compliance and record keeping requirements are
met and continually monitored. The regulations include but are not
limited to the Department of Transportation, Railroad Commission,
and Operator Qualification plans.
* Reads, monitors, and records various conditions such as
pressures, temperatures, hours of operation, fuel consumed, water
levels, and monitors gauges.
* Performs minor maintenance on equipment, including but not
limited to, reciprocating natural gas compressors, dehydrators,
fluid separating equipment, valves, pumps, etc. Performing minor
maintenance on the equipment and system may also include, but is
not limited to:
* Monitoring, removing and replacing filters, oil, chemicals, and
other lubricating fluids as needed
* Remove and replace gaskets as needed
* Remove and replace valves if necessary
* Install plugs as necessary
* Change gauges
* Maintain sites in clean condition including picking up trash,
taking out trash, controlling weeds, minor painting, etc.
* Clean out sight glasses as necessary
* Change out suction/discharge valves on compressors
* Change out light bulbs or fuses
* Continually meeting the demands and improving upon the needs of
* Establishes and maintains a near perfect driving record.
* Directs and supervises contract labor involved in facility
* Collaborates well with direct supervisor on new and improved
ideas associated with an always changing pipeline system.
* Establish and maintain professional, effective working
relationships with co-workers, subordinates (if any) and company
officers and managers, clients, vendors, and suppliers.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, including the ability
to recognize situations in which confidentiality is required.
* Performs special projects and other job-related duties as
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
High School diploma or equivalent
Five years of experience in natural gas processing, compression
and/or pipeline experience
Other Qualifications Preferred:
* Ability to function autonomously
* Thorough knowledge of O&M manual
* Demonstrated ability to lead or participate in work crews
* Demonstrated ability to special projects
* Use experience to recommend solutions to operational problems
* Recommend improvements for operational efficiency
* Emergency response: Provide incident command support to emergency
responders, lead mock and table top exercises
* High integrity and self-motivated
* Excellent vehicle driving record
* Basic computer skills
* Good communication, problem solving and physical perceptive
* Must be able to work and perform without close supervision
* Team player
* Maintain OQ qualification of all tasks
* Ability to start and stop equipment
* Ability to read and interpret P&ID
* Interact with contractors and customers both internal and
* Ability to work shifts as the role requires 24/7
The physical demands characterized below epitomize those that must
be met by an employee to properly perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by
law to individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the
essential functions of their job.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
required to reach with hands and arms above head as well as stoop
and kneel to reach items below normal reach.
* The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
* Performs minor maintenance as necessary with medium to heavy
lifting requirements. The employee must regularly lift and /or move
up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close
vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and
Ability to adjust focus.
* On the spot decision making required in stressful situations.
* Must have a sense of smell if working on assets where ability to
detect odorized gas is required for safety purposes.
* May work alone in the field.
* Works in all types of weather.
* Available 24 hours per day for on-call and emergency
* Must be able to remain calm and focused during emergency
* Requires excellent driving skills and driving record.
* Frequently be exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
* Work in high, precarious places
* Work near toxic or caustic chemicals.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions
(non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical
shock and vibration.
* The noise level in the work environment may be above 90 dB.
Keywords: DT MidStream Inc., Detroit , Senior Plant Operator, Professions , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!