CDL A Mechanic II - Up To $30/Hour
Company: Brenner Oil Company
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Brenner Oil is Now Hiring CDL A Mechanics! Job Summary Maintains
heavy duty truck operation by completing inspections and preventive
maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making
adjustments and alignments; keeping records. Essential Duties and
- Perform minor and major repairs on trucks and trailers.
- Diagnose and repair most transmission, engine, electrical,
suspension, driveline, HVAC, brakes and air systems. Conduct
regular preventative maintenance on trucks and trailers including
inspections, tire rotation, and oil changes.
- Perform DOT inspections on trucks and trailers.
- Capable of using all diagnostic equipment and resources.
- Correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting,
overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing assemblies,
sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems.
- Comply with Federal and State vehicle requirements.
- Maintain vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing.
- Maintain vehicle records by documenting services and
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhance maintenance department and organization reputation by
accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Work closely with other mechanics and make suggestions on
- Clean and maintain work area on a daily basis.
- Must provide own tools. What We Offer:
- Home Daily
- $24.25-$30/Hour base
- Overtime over 40 hours
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short
- 401k with 3% company match
- Clothing allowance
- Annual increases
- $750 Referral Bonus - $1,800 if previous fuel hauling
- Same Weekly Schedule: Thursday-Monday, Friday-Tuesday,
- 24/7 Dispatch and Roadside Assistance
- Fuel Incentives
- Safety Bonus
- Orientation Pay
- Detention Pay
- New, clean equipment
- Holiday Pay Qualifications/ Requirements: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 yrs. experience with preventative maintenance on trucks and
tank trailers is required. Experience on Medium and Heavy-Duty
- Technical understanding, attention to detail, dependability,
thoroughness, verbal communication, documentation skills, job
- Good analytical skills and problem-solving skills are
- Exceptional ability to stay attentive
- Extremely detail oriented
- Clear communication skills
- Experience working closely with others on a team, as well as
- Clear MVR and background required Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma required; Associate's degree or equivalent
from two-year College or technical school preferred; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation laws
- Obtain State and/or ASE certification
- 2-5 years heavy duty truck maintenance experience
- Chauffeurs' license required, CDL A Preferred (willing to
obtain within 1 year) Call 616-217-3641 or Apply Online Today!
Keywords: Brenner Oil Company, Detroit , CDL A Mechanic II - Up To $30/Hour, Professions , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!