Company: Nidec CHS
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionPlant ManagerNidec CHS, a subsidiary of Nidec
Press & Automation, has an immediate opening for a Plant Manager.
Founded in 1966, Nidec CHS located in Macomb, Michigan has become
the industry leader in coil handling equipment. As a vertically
integrated company, we ensure components and assemblies are
designed to the latest industry standards, manufactured to the
strictest of quality standards, and assembled using cellular
manufacturing. Equipment offerings include complete coil feed
lines, servo roll feeds, powered straighteners, coil reels, coil
cradles and air feeds. Nidec CHS is currently seeking a Plant
Manager. This role has complete responsibility to direct and
coordinate all Plant operations including assembly of new
equipment, refurbishment of used equipment, engineering, supply
chain management, and the administrative office. This person will
work closely with key leaders located at Nidec Press & Automation
(NP&A) located in Minster, Ohio, reporting directly to the COO
& VP of Operations, NP&A.Job Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate plant operations in strict compliance
with all state and federal laws, regulations, corporate policies
- Responsible for plant Profit & Loss.
- Manage facility to financial budget and corporate
- Responsible for achieving all facility business goals
including, but not limited to, the areas of safety, quality,
production, reliability and financial budget compliance.
- Establish and maintain a positive, engaged working relationship
with all levels of employees.
- Develop and foster a well-trained and motivated staff.
- Assess current skill sets and align with plant future growth
- As Plant Leader, provide effective and timely feedback,
development planning, setting clear objectives, and coaching
employees to perform at their highest levels.
- Develop and foster high performance team environment while
assuring excellence across all functions.
- Responsible for strict adherence to safety, quality, efficiency
and delivery across the facility.
- Ensure that all plant assets are properly managed, maintained,
safeguarded, and secure.
- Develop and ensure management systems are in place to monitor
plant output to ensure efficient resource utilization and initiate
corrective action as required.
- Lead organization to develop, follow and report plant metrics
timely and accurately while enabling the organization to
efficiently monitor progress towards attaining site objectives and
- Foster positive customer interactions and relationships through
high service levels and on time delivery. Leadership Competencies
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and leadership skills
with the ability to lead and motivate the group to manage a diverse
- Action-oriented and eager to drive programs through to
- Able to deal with pressures and timelines inherent in a
- Ability to quickly assess the situation at the plant and have
an impact on the direction of improvements.
- Ability to function as a strong leader, bringing the Operations
perspective while promoting cross-functional horizontal alignment
to achieve key company goals across all areas of the
- Hands-on leader who contributes to overall business strategy
and issues who works well as part of the leadership team and is
focused upon achieving results.
- Excellent, engaging communicator; able to set measurable goals
and expectations and hold team members accountable for
- Team player and coach who will promote cooperation among
employees in the organization and an environment of employee
- Possess the confidence and presence to be able to deal
effectively with external customers, vendors, and all levels within
- Strong, self-confident, decisive leader with excellent
listening skills, emotional maturity, and ability to adapt to a
rapidly changing environment. Minimum Qualifications:
- BS/BA Degree required; Engineering degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of operations experience including a
minimum of four (4) years leadership experience in an engineered to
- Demonstrated leadership skills and track record of continuous
improvement in all operations core competencies including safety,
quality, productivity, reliability and facility planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of formal problem-solving
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality systems and operational
- Knowledge of raw material handling, product design, production
processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for
maximizing the effective distribution of products and
- ERP experience required; Syteline experience preferred. An
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, M/F/D/VNidec Press &
Automation will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual
recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec
Press & Automation job postings. No fee will be paid to third
parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring
managers. Preapproval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is
required before any external candidate can be submitted and such
candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition
Keywords: Nidec CHS, Detroit , Plant Manager, Professions , Macomb, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!