STAFF DISTRIBUTION DESIGNER
Company: Advastar, Inc
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION - DETROIT, MI - STAFF
DISTRIBUTION DESIGNERWe are seeking for a Distribution Designer in
Detroit, MI to perform distribution line design on a variety of
- $35-$40 per hour,
- 40 hours per week, M-F
- Contract with opportunity to convert FT (Contract-to-Hire)
- Travel requirements: 5%Description: The Distribution Designer
will work within our Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Global
Practice to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for the design of low to medium voltage (2.4-120kV)
distribution and subtransmission lines using CADD.
- Prepare construction documents including plan and profile
drawings for overhead and underground electric distribution, fiber
optic and telecommunications facilities.
- Provide field support during construction.
- Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates work requiring
judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and
modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practices,
but may involve a variety of complex features.
- Requires general knowledge of precedents in specialty areas and
familiarity with basic principles and practices in related
- May coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and
report preparation assignments.
- This position requires an experienced and competent individual
capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require
adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems
- Assist project manager to develop scope of work and conceptual
design for the projects.
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with project
manager, client, and others as needed.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less
experienced staff members.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of
- Other duties will be assigned as required.Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and
seven years related experience. Or associate's degree and eight
years plus related progressive detailing and design experience.
(Bachelor's degree in ANY Engineering field is NOT allowed for this
role except for Engineering Technology).
- Advanced understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD,
MicroStation, and Excel to develop the design deliverables. Ability
to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Advanced ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to
prepare engineering drawings.
- Advanced knowledge in design, calculations and design
- Advanced knowledge in the theory and practices of assigned
discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other
disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable
of operating related discipline design software necessary to
execute production tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others including, but not
limited to Project Managers, Engineers and Designers in a
multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or
drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to
Keywords: Advastar, Inc, Detroit , STAFF DISTRIBUTION DESIGNER, Professions , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!