Maintenance Helper 3rd Shift
Company: Magna International Inc.
Location: Sterling Heights
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Job Number: 46534
Group: Magna Powertrain
Division: MPT Sterling Heights
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: STERLING HEIGHTS
Advancing mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter,
cleaner, and safer, while still fun to drive. And making it for
everyone. That's what we're passionate about at Magna Powertrain.
We do it by creating world-class powertrain solutions for
conventional, hybrid, and pure electric vehicles. We're making
electrification more than a buzzword, we're bringing it to the
road. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream
big and create the future of mobility at Magna Powertrain.
Objective & Scope of the Position
Objective: To minimize production downtime by assisting and/or
providing maintenance support to the production process, and
perform assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner.
Scope: All aspects and functions of the work related to Maintenance
Responsibilities, Duties and Authorities
* Operates and maintains pressure washers.
* Complete repair orders and maintain parts and supply usage
records in a timely manner.
* Perform daily inspections of washers, conveyor systems, and other
equipment as assigned.
* Following all training and safety requirements while working with
* Maintain logs of work performed and test results.
* Document preventative maintenance activities and maintenance
* Responsible for maintaining 5S around all washer lines, conveyors
and maintenance area.
* Maintain the correct cleanliness and chemicals of all production
washers along with accurate documentation.
* Participate in building operations relative to Environmental,
Health and Safety procedures and audits.
* Assist other teams with setting up displays, banners, etc. as
* Perform housekeeping and cleaning activities on building interior
and exterior areas along with equipment.
* Maintain all common areas such as restrooms, locker rooms, and
* Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors,
elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas.
* Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work to the
interior and exterior areas of the facilities.
* Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices
and space furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins,
lighting, file cabinets.
* Clean CNC Coolcut tanks.
* Removes snow and addresses subsequent walkway treatments during
* Performs trash pickup of buildings and grounds.
* Take initiative to always maintain and improve upon or facilitate
overall safety by being proactive as a service provider to the
Education &/or Experience Requirements
Mechanically inclined. Working knowledge of production parts washer
equipment preferred. Working knowledge of MIG and arc welding and
use of cutting torches preferred. Must be able to work various
shifts and overtime as required. Must know how to spray paint, roll
paint and work with industrial paints as needed. Must be
self-motivated, be able to take initiative, and focus on cost
effective solutions. Able to work with minimum supervision.
Demonstrates creativity, initiative, and problem solving skills.
Results-oriented team player with high energy level. Ability to
work in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of all safety
procedures pertaining to job preferred.
Must be able to obtain man-lift and hi-lo permit. Must be able to
obtain Confined Space certification. Must possess valid driver's
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions in
English and correspondence such as safety rules and operating
instructions. Ability to document forms as required by position.
Able to communicate in English effectively (both written and
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual
should have knowledge of AS400 and ability to use bar code labeling
Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or
schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving several
concrete variables in standardized situations.
Communication Skills: Ability to use active listening and
communicate professionally. Is collaborative when working with
Problem Solving Skills: Understands and can apply 5 Why mythology.
Ability to think process oriented and apply the MPTSH standard
structured problem solving process.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our
success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications,
and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in
particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender
identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information
seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to
comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Keywords: Magna International Inc., Detroit , Maintenance Helper 3rd Shift, Professions , Sterling Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!