Senior Maintenance Technician
Company: Edward Rose & Sons
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Michigan Based Property Management Company is adding
anExperienced Senior Maintenance Technician to the team!
Edward Rose & Sons values a positive employment environment that
fosters an atmosphere of growth, contribution, and satisfaction. We
encourage the ongoing personal involvement of our employees in
shaping our workplace. Our team genuinely cares about delivering
exceptional, quality service to our residents. Edward Rose & Sons
offers a competitive compensation and benefits plan.
The Village Apartments is currently looking for a Senior
Maintenance Technician to join the team in a full-time
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to demonstrate
the capability to affect positive change in an exciting, dynamic
and growing company while building a comprehensive knowledge of the
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate, prioritize, and resolve work orders according to
company quality standards.
- Successfully perform plumbing tasks including pipe fitting,
shut offs, sink replacements, faucet installations, garbage
disposal installations, and repairs.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve air conditioner, furnace, and
- Troubleshoot and diagnose appliance repairs.
- Deliver quality carpentry work including replacing doors,
doorjambs, drywall, trim, interior/exterior caulking, and step
- Perform electrical repairs including switches, outlets, and
- Repair ceramic tile to include flooring and tub surrounds.
- Perform window installations.
- Monitor, maintain and record accurate documentation on
appropriate pool chemical levels.
- Monitor inventory of the most commonly used parts to ensure
- Understand the make-ready process for turning units.
- Understand move-out pricing and process.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful
circumstances such as last-minute deadlines or other difficult
- Ability to oversee and manage to a budget on large scale
- Exhibit a positive and respectful disposition while interacting
with residents, colleagues, and vendors.
- Act as a mentor to other maintenance team members, advancing
skill level for the team in regard to technical, time management
and customer service skills.
- Ability to successfully perform and train the following
technical skills: diagnosing and solving air conditioner and
furnace issues, troubleshooting for ancillary services, advanced
plumbing tasks, drywall replacement, appliance repair and
installation, carpentry work, window installations, advanced
electrical issues and thorough understanding of schematic and
wiring diagrams, and installation and repair of ceramic tile and
- Provide operational oversight as a back-up for the maintenance
supervisor as needed.
- May be part of the on-call rotation as needed.
- Ensure compliance with fair housing regulations, OSHA and
company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot ancillary repairs (if applicable, based on
- Assist with snow/ice removal (if applicable, based on
- Maintain the company vehicle, and vehicle inspection report (if
applicable, based on location).
- Monitor grounds condition and participate in daily grounds
activities (if applicable, based on location).Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience in multi-family property maintenance is
- Knowledge of maintenance safety guidelines and procedures, and
OSHA regulations (including state-specific) is preferred.
- EPA Certification is required.
- CPO Certification and pool chemistry and maintenance skills are
- NATE (North American Technician Excellence) CHP-5 certification
- Must be able to report to work during inclement weather
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced
- Must possess exceptional customer service and communication
- Must possess excellent organizational and time-management
- Ability to use various technologies for online training and
- Must provide basic tools.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and a valid driver's
- Must adhere to the team apparel policy.
- Regular attendance, work ethic and strong interpersonal skills
are required for success in this position.This position requires
you to enter occupied units; therefore employees are required to be
honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid
driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as
this position will entail the operation of a personal and
potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment homeWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer,
and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit
qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic
information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran
status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal,
state or local laws.
Keywords: Edward Rose & Sons, Detroit , Senior Maintenance Technician, Professions , Wixom, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!