Lead Production Chef, Comerica Park
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: March 19, 2023
The Opportunity Delaware North Sportservice is hiring a
full-time experienced Cook to join our team at Comerica Park in
Detroit, Michigan. As a Cook 3, you will be a visible leader in the
kitchen, partnering with the management team to deliver food to
quality standards, train kitchen team members, and monitor the
quantities, labor, and overhead costs. Minimum pay rate: $25.00 /
hourInformation on our comprehensive benefits package can be found
at .We care about our team member's personal and professional
well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to
give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver
exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedulesEligible team members may also receive:
health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match,
paid vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and
tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement.
- Assist in training and coaching of other team members.
- Review menus and customer orders to determine type and
quantities of food to be prepared, properly measures and portions
all food items.
- Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies and procedures.
- May plan menus and estimate required food quantities, labor,
and overhead costs. May lead the work of kitchen assistants in
preparing, cooking, and storing food, as well as in maintaining
kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition.
- Utilize kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as:
knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills,
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all
products to proper specifications.
- Perform opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and
according proper guidelines.
- Keep workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follow and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Use waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
- Complete end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties
in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Perform other duties assigned. Qualifications
- At least 2 years previous experience in back-of-the-house
foodservice position required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions. Physical Requirements
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6 to 7 feet, twist at waist,
bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment. Shift Details
1st Shift2nd Shift3rd ShiftHolidaysWeekends Who We Are Delaware
North operates concessions, premium dining, and retail services at
the 41,297-seat Comerica Park, home of the MLB's Detroit Tigers.
Delaware North has been a partner of the Tigers since 1930. Our
chefs create a unique dining experience at the exclusive Tiger Club
that offers a full view of the field. An extensive menu with an
emphasis on Detroit-inspired fare is created for every game. At
Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and
how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Detroit , Lead Production Chef, Comerica Park, Professions , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...