Company: CAD Engineering Resources, Inc.
Location: Sterling Heights
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Quality Technician - Sterling Heights, MI.
Assignment starts Monday, March 20th and runs through
Pay Rate: $18.00/hr. - $20.00/hr.
Overall responsibilities and duties of the Quality Technician:
The Quality Technician is responsible for all inspection activities
of the Quality Lab including software applications, equipment
usage, job setups, and procedures and assists others to do the
The main missions of the Quality Technician role are:
- Performs QC Lab inspection tasks given with little assistance
in a timely and orderly fashion.
- Is able to use most if not all software and equipment used in
the QC Lab area for daily inspection processes.
- Reports to supervisor any measuring equipment issues, software
upgrades, gages and any equipment modifications needed to perform
all daily inspection processes or tasks where necessary.
- Includes the following in completed reports: drawings,
procedures, pictures, programs and other data.
- Complies with all ISO 9001 procedures, work instructions, and
policies applicable to daily work activities.
- Maintains proper storage of in-house and off-site records
pertaining to supplier data documents.
- Conducts and documents all preventative maintenance
- Reports needed repairs or damage to equipment or gages and
provides recommendations to the supervisor.
- Maintains proper work flow for incoming parts including proper
labeling and completion stamps.
- Reports to supervisor all unsafe working conditions or safety
hazards in the Quality Lab area.
- Maintains gage, measurement equipment and fixture inventory and
documentation including manufacturer certifications, N.I.S.T.
standards and calibration requirements.
- Establishes effective lines of communication and feedback with
supervisor and engineers to ensure prompt attention and resolution
of conditions that adversely affect quality of product.
- Follows verbal and written instructions well. Completes other
special projects assigned
Qualifications of the Quality Technician:
- Minimum education level: High school diploma
Experience needed for the Quality Technician:
- 1-2 years in Quality Technician role
- Automotive industry
Skills & Competencies of the Quality Technician:
- Familiar with an automotive prototype environment and able to
drive a fork truck.
- Able to train/mentor other quality lab technicians in report
writing, job setups, procedures and machine usage.
- Ability to read and understand procedures, manuals, work
instructions and blueprints with G.D. & T.
- Basic Computer skills (file management, word processing,
calibration, and machine software).
- Ability to operate the following equipment without
- Coordinate measuring machine (CMM) with PCDMIS
- Faro Arm
- ModelMaker Scanner
- Vision System (OGP)
- Optical comparators
- Hardness testing equipment
- Master gages
- Surface plate set-ups and other measuring devices pertaining to
- Is capable of coordinating data collection for calibration
procedures and conducting SPC inspections.
- Maintains a professional attitude and works well with
Supervisors, Engineers and other Technicians.
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards and willingness to
adhere to Clients Code of Ethics and Code of Management
Keywords: CAD Engineering Resources, Inc., Detroit , Quality Technician, Professions , Sterling Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...