Stock Worker and Receiver
Company: McKinley Masonry and Concrete LLC
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Stock Worker and Receiver is responsible for receiving
merchandise, unloading or unpacking it, marking it with codes to be
identified, stocking shelves, and helping customers place orders.
They work in stores, warehouses, stockrooms, and other storage
facilities. The general responsibilities of the position include
those listed below. These responsibilities may differ among
accounts, depending on business necessities and client
requirements. Requirements The Stock Worker and Receiver is
responsible for receiving merchandise, unloading or unpacking it,
marking it with codes to be identified, stocking shelves, and
helping customers place orders. They work in stores, warehouses,
stockrooms, and other storage facilities. The general
responsibilities of the position include those listed below. These
responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business
necessities and client requirements. General Responsibilities:
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments
and prepares items for shipment.
- Receives, lifts, moves, stores, issues, counts, sorts, weighs
and verifies items on requisitions or invoices.
- Receives and processes a wider variety of incoming freight,
including stationery supplies, chemicals, electronic equipment, and
other materials on a daily basis across perimeter buildings and
according to priority.
- Compares incoming and outgoing shipments to bills of lading,
invoices, orders, or other records to verify information.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping
procedures, routes, and rates.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items,
records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages
- Fills orders, issues supplies from stock and rotates stock to
- Resolves delivery problems using a computerized account
- Maintains confidentiality of all items received and
- Assembles and delivers equipment such as glassware carts.
- Utilizes in-house inventory tracking system.
- Prepares assets for distribution, including transportation and
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of storage areas by
sweeping and mopping.
- Provides security for all stock in the storeroom and/or
- Follows all safety requirements , the facility, local, state
and federal jurisdictions.
- May move or transport materials or supplies to other
departments using hand or industrial trucks.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May fill in for "Stock worker and Receiver Sr." in their
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity. Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- No previous work experience necessary. Skills/Aptitude:
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer. Physical Requirements:
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours). Working Conditions (may add additional conditions
specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud. Benefits Benefits Eligibility: Full Time Benefits: we believe
every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part
of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help
you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and
vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits,
which will be effective beginning on their first day. We also offer
other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs
and access to our employee assistance program and other
Keywords: McKinley Masonry and Concrete LLC, Detroit , Stock Worker and Receiver, Professions , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...