Company: Magna International
Location: Highland Park
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Number: 51906
Group: Magna Seating
Division: Magna Seating Detroit
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: HIGHLAND PARK
Magna is an innovative leader in the development and manufacturing
of high quality complete seating systems. Our solution includes
seating structures, mechanisms and hardware, as well as foam and
trim products for global automotive, heavy truck and bus
industries. Our capabilities include market and consumer research;
full concept development; design and engineering capabilities;
testing, validation and world-class manufacturing. Our
award-winning seating solutions are developed from consumer
research, finding the ease of operation to be comfortable,
convenient and connected.
Under general supervision, responsible for performing highly
diversified duties to set-up, troubleshoot, repair and maintain
production and facility equipment according to safety and
productive maintenance systems and processes
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production
- Performs emergency/unscheduled repairs on machines, equipment
and plant facilities during production.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment
and plant facilities.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to
perform required repairs, maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make
adjustments on machines and equipment.
- Performs a variety of electrical, plumbing and carpentry
- Completes hot work permits. Key Qualifications/Requirements
- Trade school certified as an Industrial/Electrician/Millwright
- Powdered Industrial Truck Permit and Aerial Work Permit
(requires passing scores on the Powered Industrial Truck and Aerial
Work training tests administered by Magna Seating Detroit).
- Minimum of three (3) years of maintenance experience as a
Maintenance Technician within a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical,
electrical, PLC and Robotics
- Demonstrated ability to operate hand and power tools, shop
tools including lathe, Bridgeport and band saw
- Good communication and time management skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to be trained/developed for future internal assignments
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our
success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications,
and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in
particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender
identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information
seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to
comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Keywords: Magna International, Detroit , MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN, Professions , Highland Park, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!