Supervisor - Nuclear Construction
Company: DTE Energy
Posted on: September 15, 2018
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 different states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades: * Gallup Great Workplace Award for consecutive years
- Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
- Indeed's annual "50 Best Places to Work" award for two years running
- Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
- J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
- Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal "Best of the Best"
- Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
- Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
External Pre-Hire Assessment Required: Leader Pre-Hire Assessment Testing Required:
Responsible for the implementation and return-to-service of major projects at the nuclear generation facility. Supervisor is expected to coordinate performance of all supplemental employee activities for day- to-day planning and execution of complex construction projects performed. Responsibilities include: Support of Core Team process during Design phase to insure constructability attributes are included. Understand and coordinate implementation schedule in support of station goals for return to service (RTS). Understand and Maintain compliance with the station Work Control Process. Interface with the Security Organization for material processing, training and access of manpower and contingency planning for effects on the Physical Security Plan. Understand and coordinate efforts with the Radiation Protection Group to maintain station / team dose as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA). Finally coordinate with the station Operating Authority for work order reviews, safety tagging and system operating restrictions (divisional week work). Supervisor is expected to provide leadership in continuous improvement (CI) efforts for the defined group. Span of control: =5 jobs & = 10 FTE leads and 50 supplemental journeymen - direct, second-level, etc. Key Accountabilities
- Accountable to the Core Team for implementation and constructability input at process meetings.
- Understand the assigned Engineering Design Change and assures the requisite constructability input needed to allow implementation has been incorporated.
- Applies new construction materials, techniques and innovative process to increase our safety margin, reduces the burden on support resources and reduce cost.
- Coordination of work with onsite support groups (Security, Support, Radiation Protection, Work Control and Operations) to insure a safe, quality cost effective implementation is performed in a schedule that meets our commitment to the station.
- Ensures resources have documented training prior to work and advocates plans for increased depth in nuclear generation qualified journeymen numbers.
- Advocates and plans for the use of ALARA practices for all work in the Radiological Restricted Area.
- Ensures compliance with the Work Control Process. Work / Work Packages are planned and scheduled such that requisite supporting groups have the necessary time to review. Requires the use of Work Control status reporting and MAXIMO routing.
- Responsible for Work Package review, sign on, condition while --in progress--, and final close out. Requires the use of MAXIMO.
- Assumes responsibility as Protection Leader and Job Leader where required or applicable. (Unit critical or Critical path activities).
- Provide leadership and direction for scope changes, recovery plans, risk mitigation and effective use of resources during any of these.
- Provide direct oversight of assigned leads and journeymen for compliance with expected safety and human performance standards.
- Ensures daily communication with the Operating Authority on all work activities being performed. Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Five plus years of work experience in construction, nuclear, maintenance, or project management.
- Prior experience in a construction leadership position Other Qualifications Preferred
- Nuclear Supervisor Qualification or progression in that qualification
- Nuclear Protection Leader Qualification
- MAXIMO understanding / capability
- Time working within a Radiological Program (dose determination and remediation)
- Time working within a Security Program (protected area work coordination)
- Knowledge of Engineering Design Packages and the details included
- Knowledge of nuclear generation facility defined procedures and process as related to implementation. Other Requirements
- Analytic and problemsolving skills, the ability to identify critical issues, define alternatives and recommend optimal solutions.
- Effectively communicate verbally and with writing to individuals at all levels within and outside the Company.
- Project Management: Defines PM concepts and process relevant to implementation, the process controls related to design, procurement and construction (EDP / BOM / WO).
- Project Planning: Ability to apply project planning and implementation principles (typically acquired through several years of experience in these areas) to affect tangible, positive outcomes.
- Observation and Coaching: Ability to provide both positive and negative feedback to affect CI within the team.
- Ability to pass all phases of in processing including background investigation, psychological screening, medical certification (drug screen) and requisite training.
- Must be cognizant of all plant safety procedures and regulations.
- Must meet regulatory and training requirements per nuclear plant defined procedures. Additional Information Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Keywords: DTE Energy, Detroit , Supervisor - Nuclear Construction, Professions , Newport, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!