Vice President of Software Development
Company: Lowry Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2019
About Us Lowry is a global systems integrator of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Blockchain, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) and barcode solutions for supply chain applications. Lowry has been implementing real-time asset visibility solutions that simplify trace-ability and improve business outcomes through sustainable solutions. The company continues to evolve alongside its clients to provide the most complete and modern data collection, integration, and management solutions available. Lowry understands that each enterprise has its own specific issues and requirements, and that in order to provide best-in-class solutions in Enterprise Mobility, IoT Solutions and Managed Print Services to address these issues, a deep understanding of our clients unique business processes is a necessity. To us, success is rooted in our ability to enhance and grow our clients business. Position Overview The Vice President of Software Development responsibilities include establishing a clear vision, building organizational capability, and directing the execution of software development activities for large scale, highly complex and proprietary software environment. Vice President Software Development will lead a team of Software Developers that supports the development of our B2B cloud-based commercial SAAS applications. The position will work closely with inhouse and offshore developers, clients, and service providers to design, develop, maintain, and ensure quality delivery of the application, on time and on budget. Domain-knowledge and field expertise in automotive, manufacturing and logistics is essential to collaborate with stakeholders and end-users. The Vice President of Software Development is a key contributor in defining policies and standards, determining technological direction and implementing strategies to ensure long term corporate initiatives are achieved. Technical Qualifications
- At least 10 years of experience with Information Technology in developing/architecting applications with significant exposure to Microsoft .NET, Azure platform, Open Source Technologies and very familiar with other Cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience in a full-stack development environment spanning technologies across UI, Business Logic, Data layer, DB design, Integration middleware and cloud-based infrastructure.
- Strong Object Oriented and Service Driven design skills with a thorough understanding of software design and architectural patterns
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture, Micro Services and APIs on .NET and Open Source stacks, including high volume data stream processing and enabling high speed data reads/write-through using distributed caching frameworks / IMDBs
- Working knowledge of one or more of the tools like MS VSTS/TFS, Git coupled with Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) related tools such as Jenkins etc.
- Experience in Architecture, design and implementation of business functionality / applications on the public cloud provider Azure. Examples of tech on Azure Services: Azure VM, Azure Blob Storage, VPN, Service bus, Azure SQL, Azure Document DB, Azure functions, Azure Batch etc.
- Strong knowledge on network and security topics including network and application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines, and database security.
- Deep understanding of converged, complexed platforms & technology (Cloud Technologies, Blockchain, IOT, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics) to include on product roadmap.
- Experience in Enterprise ERP systems integration including SAP, Oracle and Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience working on Agile based projects
- Understanding of market and technology trends Management / Leadership Qualifications
- Provide technical leadership, vision, management, and mentoring for software engineering team, including external vendors
- Budget planning and tracking for the Software Development platform and resources.
- Adept at working across organizational boundaries and partnering with leadership while maintaining a strategic perspective regarding software architecture and business needs
- Managed full cycle development process
- Gain a sound understanding of our development environment, identify technology gaps and lead product backlogs to close those gaps
- Creation of project architecture and detailed design documentation per required deliverables
- Participate in defect triage and work with project team to resolve prioritized defect fixes
- Plan resource and infrastructure needs
- Manage the cloud infrastructure resources
- Ensure that all activities support the application-related needs of our company by aligning priorities with the business needs
- Create processes and supporting metrics to ensure efficiency and quality of application development implementation and maintenance
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for the new cloud platform software and support existing applications Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
- Strong hands-on technical experience: SQL, NET. WEB APIs, Angular JS, Microservice architectures, .NET Framework C#, ASP.NET, Azure, GitHub, JIRA, Android, IOS etc.
- Solid understanding and experience in software development lifecycle
- Solid understanding of secure coding practices
- Knowledge and experience with cloud-based architectures and delivery models
- Experience working with hosting and cloud providers
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server operating systems, and Active Directory
- Solid understanding and experience IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, microservices, APIs Requirements
- BS or Masters in Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering or similar technical field with 810 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of experience and proven success in translating business strategy and analysis into successful products
- At least 10 years of Product Management or Asset Tracking / Asset Inventory Management Development.
- At least 7 years of experience leading product teams, including developers, project managers, and IT architects.
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills required, along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to analyze complex business cases, strong analytical skills, and the ability to use various product development and management software packages
- Quick learner with the ability to operate within the highest levels of our target market EOE Minorities / Women / Disabled / Veterans
Keywords: Lowry Solutions, Inc., Detroit , Vice President of Software Development, Professions , Brighton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!