Senior Construction Inspector
Company: Beam, Longest and Neff, L.L.C.
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Senior Construction Inspector
Beam, Longest & Neff, LLC (BLN), is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the United States. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering design, environmental, construction observation, program and construction management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies. We provide services for transportation, bridges, site development, environmental services, water/wastewater engineering and right of way engineering and services.
Beam, Longest and Neff, LLC is seeking applicants for a Senior Construction Inspector position within our rapidly expanding Wixom, Michigan office. The primary duties of this position will include inspection and documentation of MDOT construction and/or demolition projects as well as oversight of junior inspection and administrative staff.
Tasks/Responsibilities will include:
- Daily inspection of contractors operations on construction or demolition projects.
- Verifying conformance with construction plans and other contract documents.
- Generating detailed daily reports and other required documentation.
- Overseeing maintaining traffic operations/traffic control devices.
- Monitoring soil erosion and sedimentation control devices.
- Oversight of project inspection, testing and administrative staff, including assigning daily tasks and reviewing work product.
- Assisting project management staff with daily management of road and bridge projects, including resolution of complex technical issues.
- Recruitment and development of junior inspection staff.
- 5+ years of MDOT and/or Local Agency road and bridge project inspection experience.
- Previous leadership experience is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with MDOT documentation requirements and Field Manager/FieldBook and ProjectWise software.
- Completion of various MDOT construction and/or materials testing training/certification is preferred.
- Highly organized and motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have a valid drivers license with good driving record.
- Communicates effectively with other team members.
In exchange for bringing yourskills to our team, we offer a very generous compensation package in addition to an array of benefits, including:
- Complete Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental Coverage
- Generous 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Employer-Paid Short And Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off Program including Vacation and Holidays
- Education Assistance Program
An affirmative action participant EOE M/F/D/V
Keywords: Beam, Longest and Neff, L.L.C., Detroit , Senior Construction Inspector, Professions , Wixom, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!